Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

10 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Out of curiosity, what number have you got?

I’m assuming this means it was within the first 26,000 copies pressed. Which considering how many million it’s shifted isn’t too bad. Not gonna be worth mega money but still nice to have.

355E1768-6AEC-4CCA-8BAB-4871CFC0721A.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m assuming this means it was within the first 26,000 copies pressed. Which considering how many million it’s shifted isn’t too bad. Not gonna be worth mega money but still nice to have.

355E1768-6AEC-4CCA-8BAB-4871CFC0721A.jpeg

Does it open at the top or the side? If top, I believe it's an original issue (I think). Earlier the better, mono worth more than stereo etc. There's a plethora of articles about it.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Still pretty good last time I saw them, that was a few years back though. His voice is so distinctive, it's the main ingredient for me.

I was due to see them at HRH Sleaze last month but they dropped out with all the other overseas acts.

We listen to Blackout on the way there to give us a full "here's what you could have won" experience. Still a brilliant record, even if some of the lyrics are somewhat... troubling.

We are many.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Still pretty good last time I saw them, that was a few years back though. His voice is so distinctive, it's the main ingredient for me.

I was due to see them at HRH Sleaze last month but they dropped out with all the other overseas acts.

We listen to Blackout on the way there to give us a full "here's what you could have won" experience. Still a brilliant record, even if some of the lyrics are somewhat... troubling.

We are many.

I've just been on YouTube. He's still got a set pipes on him. They're sounding tight live 👍

I need some Jizz back in my life

Edited by justanotheronethen

This thread presents difficulties....

All my musical opinions are controversial.

All musical opinions are controversial.

Infamously, my most controversial opinion is Jessie J - best singer in the freakin' world, bar none.

"Your most controversial music opinions"

Favourite Glastonbury moment, bar none.

Jessie J, featuring Shay, "It wasn't even planned".

Listen to the note that Jessie hits at the end here, sorry Shay (fantastic as you are). Love it like Honey

On 9/28/2021 at 4:54 PM, justanotheronethen said:

TBH I didn't know about them til I googled them after your post. It's just Jizzy now? For me no Skid = no Love/Hate.

I saw them touring their 3 albums in the very early 90s, all at the Astoria, and they were awesome gigs, great fun. Even met them at a signing at Tower Records for Let's Rumble - there were hundreds in the queue, no joke. Jizzy was miserable and Skid was drunk, all the girls wanted a photo with Householder.

What's the new incarnation like?

Yeah, I saw them back in the day supporting Skid Row and were very good.

Looked like they were going to get big at one time but, like many others, imploded before it could happen.

Was due to see the current version in Ibiza but Covid put paid to that but plan to see them next year as they are due to play there again in May.

6 minutes ago, jump said:

I think there are better memes to use on this forum than The Simpsons.

Someone's testing the no downvotes theory.

Individually you might well be right, but for consistency I'm not sure what else matches up?

I have noticed a few bands when they are at the stage of playing pubs and new bands nights at clubs will have a certain energy and style which is the reason I gravitate to them as it's against the grain. So I will follow them up to when they are making their first EP/album and that sound I liked has gotten lost and more often than not it's because the producer of their music who they see as someone who knows what they are doing told them to cut it out as if they are more typical it's easier for them to get noticed and accepted rather than being something different and being rejects.

Yeah, there are obviously some really massive exceptions, but I reckon for a good 90% of acts, their first album is the essential one. Diminishing returns after that. Like I say, not true in all cases, but definitely in the overwhelming majority. And hardly anybody's 5th album is the one. Can only think of a handful of people like that.

16 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, there are obviously some really massive exceptions, but I reckon for a good 90% of acts, their first album is the essential one. Diminishing returns after that. Like I say, not true in all cases, but definitely in the overwhelming majority. And hardly anybody's 5th album is the one. Can only think of a handful of people like that.

Whos next? 5th album

19 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Rubber Soul is the Beatles’ sixth album and IMO the point they started to get interesting.