Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

On 1/2/2022 at 4:04 PM, Homer said:

This is incredible - Spanish version of I Only Want to be With You. Was in Mexico recently and some guy was blasting out unironically by the pool. The 80s video takes it to another level altogether:

A lot of us latin americans first knew these songs by Luis Miguel. He was HUGE in the 90s and even now. He's got a netflix series based on his life. I don't like him but you couldn't escape his music back then.

Also, this one, same thing:

Edited by Calvin Klein
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Love him but loads of Bowies stuff is absolute shite. Loads of it. 

The first two albums, Pin Ups, Diamond Dogs, Stage, David Live, Heroes, Lodger, Low and then every album from the start of the 80s until 2002. Next Day is mostly plopsies aswell.

Hang on, let's parse this for one minute - Heathen and Reality, two bang average albums -  are better than The Buddha of Suburbia, Scary Monsters, Let's Dance and Outside? And Diamond Dogs? And Heroes??

On 1/14/2022 at 5:42 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Hang on, let's parse this for one minute - Heathen and Reality, two bang average albums -  are better than The Buddha of Suburbia, Scary Monsters, Let's Dance and Outside? And Diamond Dogs? And Heroes??

Scary Monsters aside - overrated anyway - yes. 

Diamond Dogs is awful. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Here's my hot Bowie take - The Buddha of Suburbia is better than everything else he did afterwards, with the exception of Outside and Blackstar.

Probably a genuinely controversial opinion, but one I honestly believe, Blackstar was a rubbish album and was only critically acclaimed due to his death.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:32 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Coz I Luv You is what got me into music. That and T Rex's Hot Love. Yet I've never seen either band. 

I once walked past Dave Hill of Slade on a Birmingham street and he was dressed in one of his all white stage outfits, one of the funniest sights I've seen, something like this one:

dh.jpg

Seen them both in the very early 70s , and terrific live! 

• Upvote 1

I really don't get it with Christine and the Queens.

It's some generic ass pop-funk. Boring vocals. No hooks at all. Heard so many of her songs and just don't remember any of them.

I used to think the whole thing was about her performance because obviously she's a fantastic dancer so that would excuse the music being there for background but then people actually listen to her songs when they're not looking at a screen or at a stage so idk. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Probably a genuinely controversial opinion, but one I honestly believe, Blackstar was a rubbish album and was only critically acclaimed due to his death.

I thought it was the best thing he'd made in years in the couple of days of listening between release and his death. The title track is spellbinding.

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, charlie.light said:

Christine and the queens is the most underrated pop star out there. She should be on level with Adele 

I couldn’t disagree more, she is utterly pretentious donkeytwaddle 

Edited by Smeble

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I really don't get it with Christine and the Queens.

It's some generic ass pop-funk. Boring vocals. No hooks at all. Heard so many of her songs and just don't remember any of them.

I used to think the whole thing was about her performance because obviously she's a fantastic dancer so that would excuse the music being there for background but then people actually listen to her songs when they're not looking at a screen or at a stage so idk. 🤷‍♂️

She is considered a good dancer? Really?