Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Anyway, Slade for the Legends Slot is what he was touting but did acknowledge the fact that they all hate each other may be a problem. Not as big a problem as Diana Ross already being booked but roll on 2023.

It's the wrong slot for them regardless.  Early afternoon on the Friday a la Motorhead or ZZ Top then sure.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's the wrong slot for them regardless.  Early afternoon on the Friday a la Motorhead or ZZ Top then sure.

You're probably right, they're more legendary to me than the vast majority of acts who've played that slot but I don't know how many people are actually aware of them beyond a couple of tracks. 

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Noddy is more garrulous, true.  But I'd suspect that - Cum On Feel The Noize and the Xmas song aside - even their number one singles like Skweeze Me, Pleeze Me may have limited crowd recognition.

Yeah, no argument there. Xmas, Cum On Feel The Noize and Mama Weer All Crazee Now is probably it as far as most people's awareness goes. But man, Gudbuy T'Jane, Far Far Away, Everyday, My Friend Stan.... I'm all in.

Latest Dave only setlist:

Screenshot_20220103-150517_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3818772b6a387d3779ad6b2e3325861c.jpg

It's regressed from the final UK original lineup setlist (I was there!) dropping the stuff from that period and bringing in more hits: 

Screenshot_20220103-150617_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6696b1fe8eebcab1eb96b54f6dae687f.jpg

34 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, no argument there. Xmas, Cum On Feel The Noize and Mama Weer All Crazee Now is probably it as far as most people's awareness goes. But man, Gudbuy T'Jane, Far Far Away, Everyday, My Friend Stan.... I'm all in.

Latest Dave only setlist:

Screenshot_20220103-150517_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3818772b6a387d3779ad6b2e3325861c.jpg

It's regressed from the final UK original lineup setlist (I was there!) dropping the stuff from that period and bringing in more hits: 

Screenshot_20220103-150617_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6696b1fe8eebcab1eb96b54f6dae687f.jpg

Noddy & Co launching into that Xmas song on a hot June Sunday afternoon on the Pyramid would be a mind-bender 

28 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Noddy & Co launching into that Xmas song on a hot June Sunday afternoon on the Pyramid would be a mind-bender 

Sadly I think Noddy has hung up his singing boots and Dave Hill is all that's left of the original Slade.

They were always a great band live and produced some excellent melodic stuff too.

1 minute ago, grumpyhack said:

Sadly I think Noddy has hung up his singing boots and Dave Hill is all that's left of the original Slade.

It was Noddy that brought it up:

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/slade-planning-reform-original-line-25786772.amp

(probably after some very leading questioning, admittedly)

On 12/21/2021 at 1:25 AM, bamber said:

None of this is particularly controversial is it?  It is good, kinda.

It is somewhat obscure, but not thus controversial? (Love you YOAS, much, much respect)

A controversial music opinion would look something like this......

Bang Bang and then things got weird.

Jessie J - The Hotel Cafe, all her fans in L.A. 4 nights in a row.

This is lush, love this, Controversial?

Hello bamber.

You are right, of course - my attempts at controversy were feeble at best.

The above said, just wondered if this hits the controversial mark?

I'll listen to your track above tomorrow, as can't do so right now.

Happy New Year bamber.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:23 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber.

You are right, of course - my attempts at controversy were feeble at best.

The above said, just wondered if this hits the controversial mark?

I'll listen to your track above tomorrow, as can't do so right now.

Happy New Year bamber.

You do find 'em bro.

Happy New Year back at you.

Exquisite.

6 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

To be fair, that's a strong intro. It definitely does something for me. There are good songs dotted around with thick basslines and nice fluttering vibey melodies. But much as I try, the charm wears off well before the end. Even as a big fan of lots of downtempo, noodling, serious-serious music, it just sags.

According to an aggregate of kazillions of critics' lists, Blue Lines is the 43rd best album of all time. Feels like a wild over-estimation, that. The 3rd best LP of the '90s stretches credulity for me too, though that might be about par for some.

I guess that's where critics and the general public diverge. According to this, it's not even in the top 10 for the year....

https://www.besteveralbums.com/yearstats.php?y=1991&f=&fv=&orderby=InfoRankScore&sortdir=DESC&page=2