Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

I think the below quote sums Muse up nicely and has stuck in my mind. I do like Muse, so not knocking them but they are prog with out the very worst excesses.

"Muse are a prog band dressed up like a rock band, minus all the things that present day audiences have come to associate with prog-rock unpleasantness, such as extended synth solos or songs about elves".

I stiil think its only a matter of time before we get an album by them about Ents & Hobbits but set in space.

6 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Dark Side of the Moon is one of my favourite albums ever, but all prog rock that I've heard by anyone that's not Pink Floyd just sounds annoyingly self indulgent other than one random Caravan song I liked. Need to check out Focus, don't think I've ever heard them. Do you have any recommendations of prog rock bands that I might have missed that aren't totally self indulgent?

I would recommend Porcupine Tree (and Steven Wilson solo) 

It’s more modern than all the 70s stuff and personally I think every single album, including Wilson solo, is an absolute classic.

• Upvote 1

Where does the fence lie with this song? I'd dearly love to sit on the fence, but can't. What could possibly be wrong about this;

And to think 'Jesus' is only one deity that you can use in this song.. 

Don't worry*, I'm not a Jesus freak.

Anyway, I've probably posted this already, but here's one that uplifts me (there were days when that sudden uplift would be provided by, two of Her Majesty's Constabulary c**tstables. Life's a funny old game.

* - What do you actually mean when you say we weren't worrying, and also couldn't give a flying fuck? What do you mean really mean?

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Where does the fence lie with this song? I'd dearly love to sit on the fence, but can't. What could possibly be wrong about this;

Anyway, I've probably posted this already, but here's one that uplifts me (there were days when that sudden uplift would be provided by, two of Her Majesty's Constabulary c**tstables. Life's a funny old game.

* - What do you actually mean when you say we weren't worrying, and also couldn't give a flying fuck? What do you mean really mean?

Strange I know but the first thing I thought when I listened to I love you and Buddha too was that David Byrne should release a cover version. 

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Strange I know but the first thing I thought when I listened to I love you and Buddha too was that David Byrne should release a cover version. 

Along with Brian Eno?* It would go well with their track;

* - I think that I have just exhausted the full extent of my musical knowledge!

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 5:33 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Along with Brian Eno?* It would go well with their track;

* - I think that I have just exhausted the full extent of my musical knowledge!

None of this is particularly controversial is it?  It is good, kinda.

It is somewhat obscure, but not thus controversial? (Love you YOAS, much, much respect)

A controversial music opinion would look something like this......

Bang Bang and then things got weird.

Jessie J - The Hotel Cafe, all her fans in L.A. 4 nights in a row.

This is lush, love this, Controversial?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

"It's for charity" isn't enough for me to not want LadBaby to fuck off forever.

Close your gaping maw, you onesie clad cretins.

Their attack on Kunt and the Gang is evidence they want to put a wee Ladbaby-branded sticking plaster on poverty but give not a sausage roll flavoured fuck about the causes of poverty.