Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I think you will also have to listen to 100 disco albums this weekend 

Is that so I'll understand by the end of a shite weekend that, although they are shite, they're not as shite as all the other disco shite?

#shite

efestivals goes around and around, and eventually comes to the conclusion that I was right all along.

here's another one that you can all agree with in 100 pages from now: disco (and its offspring) are the high water marks of human cultural expression.  Ancient cave paintings, Shakespeare, Leonardo di fucking Vinci were all just the warm up for Nile Rogers.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Is that so I'll understand by the end of a shite weekend that, although they are shite, they're not as shite as all the other disco shite?

#shite

It can't really be put to words the positivity you will gain form it. The closest explanation I can offer is you will reach a kind of disco nirvana (the Buddhist concept not the grunge band)

You'll have to find out for yourself if you are brave enough to try

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Imagine being a young,  adolescent proto-punk, gazing in awe at the New York Dolls doing Personality Crisis on the Old Grey Whistle Test and simply not being aware that the Rolling Stones also existed.

Wait, that was the NYD? Damn.

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

We can join together wincing at idles cringey nature, at least it got an actual reaction from us. Disco has limped along, picked up randomly by pop acts out if ideas (even, sadly, Daft Punk). 

I see decent, raw, upcoming acts perform every week. Funny how you don't see anyone in their late teens/early 20s limp through a disco set it's for boring oldies.

There are no exceptions. My horizons are perfectly broad. I am right.

That's because it's easy to do raw. Refined and groovy is hard.

17 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Cos Chic are shite.

Not shite but I do think after seeing them once I have no desire to see them again. I don’t quite understand how they have so much staying power on lineups. 

But then again quite a lot of people like the same thing again and again.