Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

0_Roy-Keane.jpg

“You’ve got people on forums asking their mothers if they’ve heard of a band or singer as a requirement to headline a music festival.

It’s Glastonbury for Christ’s sake. You should be asking your dealer for recommendations, not your mammy.”

Roy Keane's rage obscures true issues behind explosive David De Gea rant |  The Independent | The Independent

"People spend time debating who should headline Glastonbury on... the internet?" 

Roy Keane incredible rant: Manchester United icon says he'd be 'swinging  punches' at David de Gea and takes aim at Harry Maguire for first half  performance against Tottenham

10 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Did she spurn your advances by any chance

Nah. She tells me to turn down the music on my headphones as it's distracting her from listening to The Archers. Also most people who work in HR are c**ts from my experience, the current HR manager at my work has been caught using racial slurs but I still see her name sending out the it's black history month emails.

41 minutes ago, jump said:

Nah. She tells me to turn down the music on my headphones as it's distracting her from listening to The Archers. Also most people who work in HR are c**ts from my experience, the current HR manager at my work has been caught using racial slurs but I still see her name sending out the it's black history month emails.

Blimey they sound a right bunch.

I do find though that we are all on the c**t spectrum somewhere

Pink Floyd- I don't need that plod and echo

Sex Pistols at the time were a band for 14 yr olds, just childish shite (apart from bodies), nazi punks can fuck off, sid was a murderer. At the time Joy Division were also in the poop over their nazi name too, and I love the Skids!!

There is no excuse for John Peel, it was never a good thing

Prog rock ffs.

PiL is the best band ever.

Trout Mask Replica is Beefheart's worst album, people only pretend to like it.

Jazz should only be used as a punishment. 

2 hours ago, Kurczak said:

Sex Pistols at the time were a band for 14 yr olds, just childish shite (apart from bodies), nazi punks can fuck off, sid was a murderer. At the time Joy Division were also in the poop over their nazi name too, and I love the Skids!!

Prog rock ffs.

B9362D75-229D-49BD-A7BA-EC149A906BD7.jpeg

2 hours ago, Kurczak said:

Sex Pistols at the time were a band for 14 yr olds, just childish shite (apart from bodies)

Bodies was the most childish song in their repertoire - as a 14 year old, it was the song me & my mates used to sing at school to wind up the teachers, cos it was the sweariest song we knew!

12 hours ago, priest17 said:

Stadium gigs are for the rich and old now.

I went to Roger Waters doing the Wall at Wembley and it had amazing effects like a full sized spitfire replica crashing into a wall and exploding. Was an amazing show that you could tell had money spent on it.

Would struggle to justify going to a stadium show where it's just a band playing a set and you don't get anything extra for your money though. Would rather see smaller bands on their way up, always a better atmosphere, costs less and your closer to the band who also generally appreciate your support more.

15 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Bodies was the most childish song in their repertoire - as a 14 year old, it was the song me & my mates used to sing at school to wind up the teachers, cos it was the sweariest song we knew!

Fuck this and fuck that
Fuck it all and fuck a fucking brat

It's clearly the most mature song

19 hours ago, Kurczak said:

Prog rock ffs.

Cracking secon d post. Not that I agree but that is the point

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not sure if this is controversial but a lively discussion with mates ensued when I declared it.

The greatest punk song ever recorded is New Rose by The Damned.

No, because Dead kennedys - california uber alles exists. 

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not sure if this is controversial but a lively discussion with mates ensued when I declared it.

The greatest punk song ever recorded is New Rose by The Damned.

I'd definitely put it as one of the most important ever made, it beat both The Clash and Sex Pistols as the first UK punk single if I remember my history correctly. Personally I thought Smash It Up was their best song.

Are we only including 70s punk?