Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

I didn't know anyone actually read or enjoyed the those massive unwieldy list books. Obscenely redundant to have a massive uniform list of approved albums in the age of music streaming where you can listen to one song you like and get a bunch of 'artist influenced by...', 'artist who influenced...', 'fans also liked...' shouts bowled straight at you.

8 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I've never taken too much notice of who wrote what, but I'm listening to Grand Prix now & McGinley wrote About You and Verisimilitude, so I'm certainly not gonna slag him off!

Raymond is great, but of the three songwriters in TFC he's the George Harrison.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I didn't know anyone actually read or enjoyed the those massive unwieldy list books. Obscenely redundant to have a massive uniform list of approved albums in the age of music streaming where you can listen to one song you like and get a bunch of 'artist influenced by...', 'artist who influenced...', 'fans also liked...' shouts bowled straight at you.

You can’t legislate for relatives buying you iffy Christmas presents 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We were all ignoring it dude

'Exile' was my go-to album before heading out on a big night out. As I haven't had a big night out in over a year, I haven't listened to it in a while!

Oh, and 'Happy' is also the best Stones track!

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

What can I say, I'm a sucker for a list. Great lavatory reading.

3 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Fuck yeah. Does it get any better than that? I had a tear in my eye that night - I wasn't expecting them to play it!

It is still very wrong for me to belive that "Fool to cry" is the greatest Stones tune.? There it is, It is.

Edited by bamber

3 hours ago, bamber said:

It is still very wrong for me to belive that "Fool to cry" is the greatest Stones tune.? There it is, It is.

While I don't think it's their finest moment I do love their soppy seventies philly soul pastiches.  Have you heard Memory Motel off of the same album?

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While I don't think it's their finest moment I do love their soppy seventies philly soul pastiches.  Have you heard Memory Motel off of the same album?

Not a tune I was particularly familiar with, I am now. It's OK, not as good as Fool to Cry.

Puts me in mind of Magnolia for some reson, somewhat contemporanious perhaps..

Not very controversial

Edited by bamber