Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough lad...

Published 2013, so don't think anything new has come out since then has it?

He's an interesting case when it comes to those kinds of conversations though.

Jackson certainly is an interesting case, and I don’t really want to derail this thread over “did he/didn’t he?”

It’s a grey area, whereas Glitter and Watkins were convicted and their crimes so grave that they deserve nothing less than airbrushing out of popular culture, Jackson was never convicted of anything. There will always be a question mark hanging over him and his legacy and with him now dead we will most likely never know definitively whether he did the things he was accused of or not.

I know some media outlets play his stuff and others choose not to. I think it boils down to personal choice, for me personally I no longer feel comfortable playing his records so I choose not to. But I fully accept others may feel differently.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Jackson certainly is an interesting case, and I don’t really want to derail this thread over “did he/didn’t he?”

It’s a grey area, whereas Glitter and Watkins were convicted and their crimes so grave that they deserve nothing less than airbrushing out of popular culture, Jackson was never convicted of anything. There will always be a question mark hanging over him and his legacy and with him now dead we will most likely never know definitively whether he did the things he was accused of or not.

I know some media outlets play his stuff and others choose not to. I think it boils down to personal choice, for me personally I no longer feel comfortable playing his records so I choose not to. But I fully accept others may feel differently.

Saville was never convicted either. 

I’m all for innocent until proven guilty, but there’s 2 cases I’ll make an exception.

Plus, Jacko only ever had 2 good albums and was massively over rated. He’s basically Oasis. 

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Saville was never convicted either. 

I’m all for innocent until proven guilty, but there’s 2 cases I’ll make an exception.

Plus, Jacko only ever had 2 good albums and was massively over rated. He’s basically Oasis. 

Saville may never have been formally convicted but the sheer weight of evidence that came to light after his death made his guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

25 minutes ago, Homer said:

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why Teenage Fanclub haven't played Glastonbury since 1993.

I wish I knew what it was as I have been waiting for TFC to play since then. 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Saville may never have been formally convicted but the sheer weight of evidence that came to light after his death made his guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

But Jacko was a nonce too right? 

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The other problem is that Jackson's music is much better. Turns out it was easy to stop playing Gary Glitter songs and U wouldn't know a Lost Prophets tune if you slapped me in the face with it.

There's not really that much doubt about Jackson, but it's easy to tell yourself there is when Billie Jean plays. 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The other problem is that Jackson's music is much better. Turns out it was easy to stop playing Gary Glitter songs and U wouldn't know a Lost Prophets tune if you slapped me in the face with it.

There's not really that much doubt about Jackson, but it's easy to tell yourself there is when Billie Jean plays. 

Can’t listen to PYT knowing is was probably written about Macaulay Culkin. 

49 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is Grand Prix in there - cos as my man just said said that is their best album.

That’s the only Teenage Fanclub on there. Screamadelica in the facing page. 

Edited by blutarsky