Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bit late to the Chems party but Electrobank is their best tune.

And Born Slippy is the greatest piece of dance music ever created.

I don't have a strong opinion on best Chems  song, but Born Slippy is a shit song that got more airplay than it deserved due to being in Trainspotting

Definitely their best video, and as a tune it's up there too. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dancing Queen is jaw-dropping.  You could make arguments for things like The Winner Takes It All or Mama Mia being ABBA's best song (or Angel Eyes which I'm extraordinarily fond of) - but when it comes down to it it's the most popular for a reason.

The Visitors is Abba's best song.

And Born Slippy is the most overplayed piece of dance music ever created.

Fix it

16 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I don't have a strong opinion on best Chems  song, but Born Slippy is a shit song that got more airplay than it deserved due to being in Trainspotting

Hard agree with the airplay not so much the shit song bit - I quite like it as tunes go, in full not the shitty half length radio edit.

But Underwood milk the life out if it, last time I saw them they looped it for what felt a frickin hour before actually dropping it - I get it, to the casual listener it probably made their night & you can't help but dance when it finally frickin drops - all that said I'd much rather be dancing to 2 Months Off, Jumbo or Rez because they are by far better tunes.

47 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Fix it

Hard agree with the airplay not so much the shit song bit - I quite like it as tunes go, in full not the shitty half length radio edit.

But Underwood milk the life out if it, last time I saw them they looped it for what felt a frickin hour before actually dropping it - I get it, to the casual listener it probably made their night & you can't help but dance when it finally frickin drops - all that said I'd much rather be dancing to 2 Months Off, Jumbo or Rez because they are by far better tunes.

Nah man, those chords are euphoric when they finally drop. The longer they loop it the better.

36 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nah man, those chords are euphoric when they finally drop. The longer they loop it the better.

Pfft! 

There with your can of Special Brew chanting 'Larger, larger, larger....'

Said very tongue in cheek btw 😁

As stated I do actually like it, it's on a few of my running playlists & I always pick up the pace & have a massive grin when it shuffles in - I've just been in far too many environments when it's being enjoyed then as the build starts more & more muppets pile on chanting & singing the incorrect offensive lyrics.  Underworld could loop it as much as they like if they could make the asshats stay in their caves.

The actual lyrics read well as a poem - bar the chorus, that can get in the frickin sea!

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Going for a shite > ABBA > Chemical Brothers 

Who woke rock Grandpa up?

17 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Pfft! 

There with your can of Special Brew chanting 'Larger, larger, larger....'

Said very tongue in cheek btw 😁

As stated I do actually like it, it's on a few of my running playlists & I always pick up the pace & have a massive grin when it shuffles in - I've just been in far too many environments when it's being enjoyed then as the build starts more & more muppets pile on chanting & singing the incorrect offensive lyrics.  Underworld could loop it as much as they like if they could make the asshats stay in their caves.

The actual lyrics read well as a poem - bar the chorus, that can get in the frickin sea!

Who woke rock Grandpa up?

You know I mean this bit:

and this bit:

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I dangled a little Chems worm at Gnom on Twitter earlier, disappointingly he didn't go for it.

I'd missed that. Now I'm an influencer, it's hard to keep up. I get while people like them to be fair, they have some tunes that I could listen to for almost a minute before getting bored.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd missed that. Now I'm an influencer, it's hard to keep up. I get while people like them to be fair, they have some tunes that I could listen to for almost a minute before getting bored.

I do love how quickly you can produce a dog picture for any occasion.

28 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You know I mean this bit:

and this bit:

Managed to play both clips at the same time, just now, creating an infinite Born Slippy time loop - stuck in build up loop forever - where the drop never happens!

24 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Hey. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.*

*Woah oo oh oh ohhhhhh

Get your glow sticks out grandpa you know you love it really 😉

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Born Slippy is the anthem of a generation.

But @DirtyLurkeris right, Two Months Off is better. As is Scribble, Rez, Jumbo, Cowgirl, King of Snake..

Love em. 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

18 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

The Dark Side of the Moon is overrated, Animals is the best 70s Floyd album.

Your not the first person I've heard with that opinion, alot of people seem to think Animals or Meddle is the best Floyd album.

Personally I love Dark Side of the Moon and the first few times I hear people say Animals or Meddle was better I excitedly went to listen to them. For my tastes I struggle to comprehend how anyone could prefer either of those albums to DSotM. I wouldn't even rate them as Floyd's 2nd or 3rd best albums

Edited by found home in 2009
edited as on reflection my first reply was a bit gate keeperish and confrontational