Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Seen the Horrors more times than I can count. How often does the chance to see something genuinely unique along?

Admittedly it wasn’t for me but I’m glad I at least tried it.

I kinda knew what the set would be and knew it wouldn't be for me, so I just respected her hustle from a few fields over.

Got a lot of love for Yoko but the only thing on offer would be 'being able to say I've seen it', which is a vastly overrated priority in festival circles because people don't really care what you've seen. 

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I kinda knew what the set would be and knew it wouldn't be for me, so I just respected her hustle from a few fields over.

Got a lot of love for Yoko but the only thing on offer would be 'being able to say I've seen it', which is a vastly overrated priority in festival circles because people don't really care what you've seen. 

I couldn’t care less what people think, if someone asks how Glastonbury was I’ll mention one or two highlights and if they want to know more I’ll elaborate. I don’t go into the minutiae of who I saw and when because I know people aren’t that interested.

I don’t go to see acts because I think it’ll make me appear more interesting. I can watch bands like the Horrors at any academy any time of the year. I like to try and see stuff I wouldn’t necessarily get the chance to outside of the festival.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I couldn’t care less what people think, if someone asks how Glastonbury was I’ll mention one or two highlights and if they want to know more I’ll elaborate. I don’t go into the minutiae of who I saw and when because I know people aren’t that interested.

I don’t go to see acts because I think it’ll make me appear more interesting. I can watch bands like the Horrors at any academy any time of the year. I like to try and see stuff I wouldn’t necessarily get the chance to outside of the festival.

Wasn't saying that was what you were doing. Just my own stance on why there was nothing to gain from me seeing it.

I thought Yoko was great and there's nothing controversial about saying Ringo was a good drummer, it's fairly widely accepted that what he lacked in technical chops, he more than made up for in inventiveness and the delayed. of his playing. Plus he kept time like a motherfucker. And he wasn't even technically shit, he just wasn't flash.

43 minutes ago, priest17 said:

What better way to spend a Sunday at Glastonbury trying to make heads or tails out of a woman on stage making strange and unenjoyable noises because you probably won't get the chance again.

That's why I was at Dolly Parton.

If memory serves correct that would mean I was at Jake Bugg which if nothing else assures me the drugs I bought were pukka. I was a one man army throwing shapes to Jake Bugg in the accoustic tent! Luckily and unsurprisingly it was empty.

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

What better way to spend a Sunday at Glastonbury trying to make heads or tails out of a woman on stage making strange and unenjoyable noises because you probably won't get the chance again.

That's why I was at Yoko.

I managed to get to see the whole sets of both of them

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Axl Rose was actually really good as the temporary front man of AC/DC 

I've always been of the opinion that Axl Rose was one of the great vocalists.

He could put 20 syllables into a one syllable word that bloke.

"Knoawawawak knoawawawak knoawawawking on Heavens dawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawar

Baby

Yeaheeyeah"

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I've always been of the opinion that Axl Rose was one of the great vocalists.

He could put 20 syllables into a one syllable word that bloke.

"Knoawawawak knoawawawak knoawawawking on Heavens dawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawar

Baby

Yeaheeyeah"

Gimme some reggae! 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not controversial at all to say that they should have played The fucking Lovecats.

I did not see them in 2019, I must be honest.

The Cure were all about this one though, weren't they?