Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

On 3/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, Homer said:

Largely agree - though Pete Burns wants a word (fun fact: that song is actually quite rude; as in why would he want to spin some right round (baby, right round, like a record baby, right round, round, round) 180 degrees so they had their back to him?).

See also Spinning Around by Kylie.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, Homer said:

Largely agree - though Pete Burns wants a word (fun fact: that song is actually quite rude; as in why would he want to spin some right round (baby, right round, like a record baby, right round, round, round) 180 degrees so they had their back to him?).

Yeah, but you spin a record 360 degrees, not 180, and 45 times a minute at that. Not sure what Pete has in mind... Probably for the best.

17 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Ringo was actually a fairly decent drummer, did some interesting things.

As much as I like to knock him the drumming on A Day In The Life is very complex and adds loads to the song... his singing on the other hand can never be defended. 

5 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

As much as I like to knock him the drumming on A Day In The Life is very complex and adds loads to the song... his singing on the other hand can never be defended. 

Don't get me wrong, some of his tom fills were pretty horrible. 

Agreed on his singing - some lines in Act Naturally are genuinely painful.

Edited by Mellotr0n

17 minutes ago, Quark said:

He could narrate kids' tv like a boss though

Genuinely when I was a kid watching Thomas the Tank Engine I loved his voice and had no idea there was a whole city of people that spoke like that. I suppose I must have been of an age when the BBC were just starting to allow people with a regoinal accent on TV.

Weird to think how much that's changed.