Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

Horseshit! Technique is the greatest summer album of all time. Power corruption & lies and Low-life are also great albums.

None of them are classics imo.

Violator pisses all over Technique. Thats a classic electro pop album.

The only reason PCL, Brotherhood and Low Life are not classics is because they left most of the classoc songs of that era off the albums.

Edited by eastynh

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

None of them are classics imo.

Violator pisses all over Technique. Thats a classic electro pop album.

The only reason PCL, Brotherhood and Low Life are not classics is because they left most of the classoc songs of that era off the albums.

You're entitled to your opinion. It's just a shame it's so fucking wrong! 😉

51 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

After listening to them remembering different types of food for the umpteenth Saturday in a row, time to send Radmac to the radio knackers yard.

TmQu3Ba.png

"Come in! I was about to open a Party Seven. Although it's very tricky to open them without one of those little triangular tin-openers. Remember them?"

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

You're entitled to your opinion. It's just a shame it's so fucking wrong! 😉

Mate I am probably this forums biggest New Order fan (to the point of really boring people on this forum to death).

As an album band though, I don't think they are fantastic. Go listen to every album and then listen to Substance. There is no comparison.

10 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Listening figures would be decent for anybody who has that slot.  It's second only to the breakfast gig, whatever the station.

Beat me to it. It’s the slot, not the show.

6 music does need a bit of a shake up imo. It’s full of presenters who are past their sell by date. There’s no one under 40 in their daytime lineup. 

14 hours ago, OG said:

It's still a 'thing' but I don't think it's helpful that people scream misogyny as soon as anyone has a negative view of a woman

That would indeed be completely accurate, to my minds eye also. Misogyny is hatred. Hatred is an odd thing to allow oneself to 'get in to', in my opinion. Then again, let he / she who is without sin in that department cast the first stone.

Ouch! That hurt, you bastard(s)!

Not an opinion so much as a suspicion - but The Beatles seem to be becoming less culturally ubiquitous and their popularity may slowly go the way of Elvis - where people are generally aware of him and his importance to previous generations, but these days he has relatively few dedicated listeners.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not an opinion so much as a suspicion - but The Beatles seem to be becoming less culturally ubiquitous and their popularity may slowly go the way of Elvis - where people are generally aware of him and his importance to previous generations, but these days he has relatively few dedicated listeners.

I’m not sure they will, the Beatles were, and remain, a pop culture force because they have tunes that are genuinely timeless. There will always be an audience for their stuff.

Agree that Elvis has largely become a cultural irrelevance. I don’t think I’ve ever knowingly put a song of his on, apart from that brief spell in 2002 when Little Less Conversation was everywhere.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m not sure they will, the Beatles were, and remain, a pop culture force because they have tunes that are genuinely timeless. There will always be an audience for their stuff.

Do they though?  How do we know? People also probably thought that about about Al Jolson.