Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Hence why I said greatest hits, she can still deliver the goods when she's not trying to be 'current'. 

Based on her Eurovision performance she can't stay in tune singing live. It was horrendous. As bad as Blondie on the Other stage a few years back, which is the worst singing performance I've ever endured in person.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Madonna would be at either end of the spectrum. It would either be one for ages or an utter car crash. It wouldn’t just be “alright”.

Saw her at Coachella in 2006...bloody awful, she flew in by helicopter, was late, butchered a few tracks and then buggered off...Daft Punk in the very same tent the night before on the other hand were spectacular!

22 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don't get me started on Bing though.... that whiny little bastard needs putting down!

Fucking little rabbit scumbag. And his dick head 'enabler' Flop. Hey, let's just teach kids to be whiny, selfish, irritating little shits and allow it. I've banned it in my house. 

Dougie, on the other hand, is where it's at.

Edited by Stokesy10

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It still riles me to this day that Mark David Chapman didn't have the decency to shoot Paul McCartney dead rather than John Lennon. 

I think it was Victor Lewis Smith that said the Beatles were dying in the wrong order

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm really intrigued by this and seen similar comments in the past. Any album recommendations? What's her absolute peak work?

I'd recommend listening to her first 4 records in order, then delving into the rest if you're sold.

16 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

the worst singing performance I've ever endured in person.

Bloody good idea for a standalone post. Mine would be the twenty minutes spent enduring Ellie fucking Goulding on the pyramid stage, who awoke me from an extremely nice afternoon nap with her hideous caterwauling. Nobody can enjoy that, surely? 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Bloody good idea for a standalone post. Mine would be the twenty minutes spent enduring Ellie fucking Goulding on the pyramid stage, who awoke me from an extremely nice afternoon nap with her hideous caterwauling. Nobody can enjoy that, surely? 

feel free to start a thread on it if you wish. Could be interesting way to find out which acts to avoid seeing play live! Ian Brown was a better singer than I expected the few times I've seen Stone Roses, considering all the negative press he gets.

Actually that reminds me of a controversial music opinion I hold. The Second Coming was the best Stone Roses album

Edited by found home in 2009