Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

1 minute ago, Quark said:

If we're honest, we will all retrospectively convince ourselves that we had a better time at Glastonbury than we actually did at the time.

Haha. Oh yes. Too many 'why in the name of ass am I doing this again. I'm miserable as fuck!' moments to mention. 90% of the time it's tent/sleep related to be fair.

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

If we're honest, we will all retrospectively convince ourselves that we had a better time at Glastonbury than we actually did at the time.

If you’re fishing then well done. You got me. Because this is baloney.

From roughly two hours after waking up (post shit, coffee, breakfast, first beer) until the moment I lay down my head on a pile of soiled garments - i can honestly say, i am in heaven for every waking moment of our beautiful festival.

Edited by mattiloy

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

From roughly two hours after waking up (post shit, coffee, breakfast, first beer) until the moment I lay down my head on a pile of soiled garments - i can honestly say, i am in heaven.

If you're morning shit isn't heaven you need to find better toilets mate

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

If you're morning shit isn't heaven you need to find better toilets mate

Haha if I can muster the resilience to queue for a composter then you’re right, heaven starts early. More often its a necessary evil at the long drops.

Edited by mattiloy

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's actually completely shit, but we're convinced that we're having the time of our lives. And arch-capitalist Michael Eavis milks us all each year more so than he does his cows. If he actually has any.

32 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

Haha. Oh yes. Too many 'why in the name of ass am I doing this again. I'm miserable as fuck!' moments to mention. 90% of the time it's tent/sleep related to be fair.

If anyone hasn't had a "I want to go home" moment at every Glastonbury they've ever been to, they're not doing it right!

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

American "jam bands" are for people who's internalised racism prevents them from enjoying jazz.

They’re not mutually exclusive. I love Phish and Miles Davis.

and Dave Matthew’s Band are clearly multi-racial, but also have very little to do with jazz.

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

From roughly two hours after waking up (post shit, coffee, breakfast, first beer) until the moment I lay down my head on a pile of soiled garments - i can honestly say, i am in heaven for every waking moment of our beautiful festival.

Yes and no. I mean this thread is strongly being played for giggles, but all comedy is rooted in truth.

Note that I'm not saying it isn't amazing btw. But the Glastonburys you've been to are generally better than the Glastonbury you're at.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Oof. Yes. But. Retrospection is not without value of its own.

Absolutely true. Retrospection is like applying a decent filter. That's true of most things, which is why I remember my wedding day as incredible and not the fact I was sweating to death in 30 degrees while trying to shepherd drunk friends away from family members 😄

Edited by Quark