Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

24 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I skipped Damo and the boys in 2009 for The Prodigy and I have never had a second of regret.  I've seen the performance on iplayer and don't know what the fuss is about.

It was the best two hours I’ve ever had in front of the Pymild...

However I do concede that it was very much a “you had to have been there” kinda vibe.

The 80s was the decade of my youth so I'm always biased toward stuff from that era but the mention of an 80s special on TV or radio fills me with dread because you are guaranteed they will play fucking Don't You Want Me. Just shove it up your half a haircut arse.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The 80s was the decade of my youth so I'm always biased toward stuff from that era but the mention of an 80s special on TV or radio fills me with dread because you are guaranteed they will play fucking Don't You Want Me. Just shove it up your half a haircut arse.

That was #1 on the day I was born.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Or your three haircuts, if you're Flock of Seagulls

23 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Tony Bennett's legend performance in 98 was one of the worst things I've ever witnessed! Just a fat old rich man doing bad karaoke!

I wasnt there but i have just googled it and i have to say, i think you’re pretty harsh here. He is tight musically and in decent shape. I guess it just wasnt your thing which I am onboard with - theres that Goodfellas track and then...?

But if this is just a old rich fat man doing karaoke then the legends slot is only old rich fat people doing karaoke which.... actually... Yeah fair enough 

6 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I wasnt there but i have just googled it and i have to say, i think you’re pretty harsh here. He is tight musically and in decent shape. I guess it just wasnt your thing which I am onboard with - theres that Goodfellas track and then...?

But if this is just a old rich fat man doing karaoke then the legends slot is only old rich fat people doing karaoke which.... actually... Yeah fair enough 

Yep, my judgement may be clouded by the fact that I fucking hate swing music!

33 minutes ago, gsansom said:

The Stones (whilst undeniably having an absolute arsenal of a back catalogue) should have hung their tools up several decades ago and their headline set was cringe inducing and technically downright awful ((ducks))

Had the best evening wandering about the site while they were playing. Felt like we had the place to ourselves. 

49 minutes ago, gsansom said:

The Stones (whilst undeniably having an absolute arsenal of a back catalogue) should have hung their tools up several decades ago and their headline set was cringe inducing and technically downright awful ((ducks))

There's controversial and downright wrong headed.

51 minutes ago, gsansom said:

This is truly a great controversial opinion. You’re talking shite though 😉 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

This thread has got me wondering who or what the ultimate eFests sacred cow is... Taylor? Radiohead? The Stones 2013? The National? (Surprised no-one has gone after them yet).

Given me an idea for 22’s Hurt/Heal if it all gets banjaxed again next year...

The National are dull as dish water - there you go 😛