Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

14 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Music was not better when you were younger. 

Haha, I agree.I’ve had many a pub argument about this.

Whike we're at it, and along the same lines for people of my age, the 80s were not a golden decade for music.

Loads of great music came out in the 80s but not the ones people are thinking of when they think of the 80s.

All those tracks that they play on the ‘best of 80s’ albums and tv shows, I hated them then and I hate them now. Haha.

And no, I don’t want to come to an 80s night ‘to re-live the classics’

3 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Haha, I agree.I’ve had many a pub argument about this.

Whike we're at it, and along the same lines for people of my age, the 80s were not a golden decade for music.

Loads of great music came out in the 80s but not the ones people are thinking of when they think of the 80s.

All those tracks that they play on the ‘best of 80s’ albums and tv shows, I hated them then and I hate them now. Haha.

And no, I don’t want to come to an 80s night ‘to re-live the classics’

The only music I like I can think of from the 80s is Metallica and Guns N Roses

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What's Atom Heart Mother like?

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast aside, I've genuinely never heard it.

It’s not my favourite by a long chalk. (Wish you were here is).... all I can say is if it comes on random shuffle,I’m pleasantly surprised and happy to listen to it, but it’s not an album I queue up.

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

Elton John's voice is fucked & he would be a truly awful headliner. Everyone who calls for Reg to headline G should be forced to watch that terrible lockdown thing he did on a loop forever!

It's perfectly possible to have seen his lockdown performance and still want to be right down in the pit for Reg headlining the Pymild.

4 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Haha enjoying the progression here so a bit more lighter fluid: Blur are turd. Song 2 is their only good song.

The last good song they recorded was For Tomorrows.  Everything after that is trash.  A big fucking country fucking house indeed?  Get ta fuck.

5 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Acts regularly under deliver when on The Other Stage.

I thought this was controversial opinions 😉

Seriously though, I've probably spent more time at Other than any other stage and seen some amazing performances over the years, but a LOT of disappointing dross as well.  Watching the mumfords in the rain in 2011 was one of my lowest points at Glastonbury and I've seen Kate Nash.