Holy Cow Events Ltd

gooner1990

On 2/14/2021 at 12:43 PM, March Hare said:

Fully agree with this. Good for them. It isn’t for idealists to dictate what individuals should do to generate an income because they are emotionally invested in why happens in a particular field for five days a year.

It's like you've not been on this forum before 😄

On 2/14/2021 at 12:35 PM, March Hare said:

I’m fine with it. These people having to make a living and should do it however they can. Running a business/bringing in money is hard at the moment and it doesn’t change the ethos of the festival itself. 

ah.. wish i could upvote.... well said that man @March Hare

But then if i could i would be downvoted in spades for agreeing to such treachery

On 2/14/2021 at 12:43 PM, March Hare said:

It isn’t for idealists to dictate what individuals should do to generate an income because they are emotionally invested in what happens in a particular field for five days a year.

I kind of agree with what you are saying. The only difference in opinion would be that I doubt that anybody here, individually or even collectively, could / can 'dictate' anything to the Eavis family. The opinions above are just that, opinions ie. not dictates. 

I've only just realised that that might be perceived as pedantic. It shouldn't be, if you want the true 'flavour' behind the intent of the words. 

Maybe they are having a self sustaining bash for all their rich mates - or even their mates who happen to be rich. It can't be for the money alone, surely? 

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I kind of agree with what you are saying. The only difference in opinion would be that I doubt that anybody here, individually or even collectively, could / can 'dictate' anything to the Eavis family. The opinions above are just that, opinions ie. not dictates. 

I've only just realised that that might be perceived as pedantic. It shouldn't be, if you want the true 'flavour' behind the intent of the words. 

Maybe they are having a self sustaining bash for all their rich mates - or even their mates who happen to be rich. It can't be for the money alone, surely? 

It is pedantic and thankfully the downvotes are back 😉