Holy Cow Events Ltd

gooner1990

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not sure.

doubt it.

There were a few places that did 'campsites with limited entertainments' last summer, so from the little I've heard I'm thinking this will be the same.

If other festivals aren’t an option I may consider it depending on price and line up!

to be held at Worthy Farm?

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

An elitist event open to no-one but the well-heeled isn't exactly in the inclusive GFL spirit we all champion.  Just the thought of it is making me feel uneasy......

Heh - nothing escapes us on efests eh? Looks like the name is recycled from that potential London talent gig night idea back in 2008 then (love the Myspace ref). Would be a shame if they saw the future as small, covid compliant glamping events, but then they can be lucrative, are fashionable right now (every landowner seems to be getting in on it around here, at least before covid anyway), and easier / cheaper to organise and a safer gamble if everyone going has a vaccine certificate... Shame it comes at the cost of relative exclusivity.

42 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

An elitist event open to no-one but the well-heeled isn't exactly in the inclusive GFL spirit we all champion.  Just the thought of it is making me feel uneasy......

For me it depends on what the money they make is used for. Any scheme designed to relieve the wealthy of their money and redistribute it to the less fortunate deserves consideration.

It's already happening within the festival any how.

43 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

to be fair it sounds like it'll be very limited capacity, which means it can't be that inclusive event when so many are excluded by default.

And of course it's not glastonbury festival.

If people wish to pay whatever the prices are and it gives some event professionals some much needed work then I've no problem with it. After all, it's not something they'd be doing instead of a big inclusive event but because they cannot do a big inclusive event.

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If people wish to pay whatever the prices are and it gives some event professionals some much needed work then I've no problem with it. After all, it's not something they'd be doing instead of a big inclusive event but because they cannot do a big inclusive event.

Would also mention that GFL have 20+ full time staff on payroll, no income, and the furlough scheme is currently scheduled to end in a couple months.

To be blunt about it, if the Festival can't happen then it seems very petty to get upset over the particulars of some other event involving Emily / Nick / Michael / Worthy Farm. Let them do whatever they think is necessary.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, incident said:

Would also mention that GFL have 20+ full time staff on payroll, no income, and the furlough scheme is currently scheduled to end in a couple months.

To be blunt about it, if the Festival can't happen then it seems very petty to get upset over the particulars of some other event involving Emily / Nick / Michael / Worthy Farm. Let them do whatever they think is necessary.

Just got to hope it actually works for them.

A low-capacity, high-price event that is definitely not Glastonbury with maybe just some mates playing to keep the fees down... It doesn't seem particularly appealing, but I'm not the audience.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Hopefully they’ll go down the corporate route rather than appeal to influencers. Seeing the latter hamming it up on the farm really would be nauseous. 

Yeah this.....although (as others have said above) I'm fully behind any event that hoovers up the pound notes from these vacuous wasters and redistributes it to the charitable causes and event professionals that have lost out through the main event not happening. 

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I’m fine with it. These people having to make a living and should do it however they can. Running a business/bringing in money is hard at the moment and it doesn’t change the ethos of the festival itself. 

Edited by March Hare

On 2/14/2021 at 11:54 AM, incident said:

Fully agree with this. Good for them. It isn’t for idealists to dictate what individuals should do to generate an income because they are emotionally invested in what happens in a particular field for five days a year.

Edited by March Hare

Would people be as concerned about the exclusivity of a smaller one-off event or the demographic if it contributed to safeguarding GFL and the main festival's future? 

Two things are for certain: getting tickets for any smaller event involving GFL in some form this year would be an absolute nightmare and whatever show they put on, it won't compare to the wonder and spectacle of the main festival.