Worthy Farm CHEESE

GlastoEls

Amazed there has been no news of winners. Could they have changed how they're drawing against the T&Cs? Told winners they have to keep quiet until the end of the promotion? Smells fishy to me. 

wondering season 5 GIF

Edited by blutarsky

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Amazed there has been no news of winners. Could they have changed how they're drawing against the T&Cs? Told winners they have to keep quiet until the end of the promotion? Smells fishy to me. 

wondering season 5 GIF

Could they possibly be delaying until they're sure that Glasto 22 can go ahead? I wonder if they think it would be poor taste to announce festival winners in current circumstances with new variant meaning a 4 week delay to restrictions ending and some festivals having to cancel...

I agree though that it does seem very weird! Interestingly, the T&Cs don't have any specific information about when the winners will be announced, they do however say this - 

1. Provided no objection is received, if you are a prize winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by sending a request to JS10917 Co-op x Wyke Farm Glastonbury PD WL, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing worthyfarmcheese@promowinners.com. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request

Not totally clear but suggests that winners will be announced in the period 8 weeks following the end of the competition next year?

36 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Could they possibly be delaying until they're sure that Glasto 22 can go ahead? I wonder if they think it would be poor taste to announce festival winners in current circumstances with new variant meaning a 4 week delay to restrictions ending and some festivals having to cancel...

I agree though that it does seem very weird! Interestingly, the T&Cs don't have any specific information about when the winners will be announced, they do however say this - 

1. Provided no objection is received, if you are a prize winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by sending a request to JS10917 Co-op x Wyke Farm Glastonbury PD WL, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing worthyfarmcheese@promowinners.com. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request

Not totally clear but suggests that winners will be announced in the period 8 weeks following the end of the competition next year?

It’s all a bit odd there is nothing anywhere on social media I agree … I’ve had a hunt around after each prize period and asked on Glasto chat too … 

35 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Incidentally, I've got another block of the cheddar in my fridge but already have tickets myself. I donated a code before to @crazyfool1but happy to donate another to a Worthy cause (seewhatididthere)

If anyone needs a code feel free to send me a message 

@vintagelaureate is also ticketless and has done an amazing job admining the resale spreadsheet 

3 hours ago, Sundance said:

Incidentally, I've got another block of the cheddar in my fridge but already have tickets myself. I donated a code before to @crazyfool1but happy to donate another to a Worthy cause (seewhatididthere)

If anyone needs a code feel free to send me a message 

I'm very much in the game for winning tickets if you end up with more codes going at a later date you kind and generous soul. 

6 hours ago, Big durbs said:

as a matter of interest , has ANYONE heard of anyone winning on this ?????

it not that i dont believe  them , but if someone had won they would surly put it on social media ( twatter or faceache ) , but i have not seen a single thing ! 

no, and I regularly check...

On 6/16/2021 at 1:50 PM, Big durbs said:

as a matter of interest , has ANYONE heard of anyone winning on this ?????

it not that i dont believe  them , but if someone had won they would surly put it on social media ( twatter or faceache ) , but i have not seen a single thing ! 

Nope.  I've had my suspisions about this for a while too....

Not cheese related, but on the topic of radio silence after a competitions close...

Universal Music ran a competition at the start of the year to win a high end vinyl player and 10 albums, which of course I entered.

Sometime later, all references to the comp, links, etc. mysteriously disappeared from t’interweb as if it never existed. I can still access the entry form from my cache files though (or summat like that I’m not a techie).

I’ve been considering messaging them screenshots of the page to ask if I won. I can’t publicly post on their fb page though and don’t see the value of doing it privately.

32 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Not cheese related, but on the topic of radio silence after a competitions close...

Universal Music ran a competition at the start of the year to win a high end vinyl player and 10 albums, which of course I entered.

Sometime later, all references to the comp, links, etc. mysteriously disappeared from t’interweb as if it never existed. I can still access the entry form from my cache files though (or summat like that I’m not a techie).

I’ve been considering messaging them screenshots of the page to ask if I won. I can’t publicly post on their fb page though and don’t see the value of doing it privately.

This is a section of the blurb on their site (which you probably already know);

I’m a member of the media, how can I contact someone in your communications department?

Please contact us via email at communications@umusic.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate contact.

So, I would just say that you are actively seeking full clarification on this competition etc etc. It's only an email and a small bit of time.

If they get shirty just ask them to formally request details that they have acted in accordance with the rules laid down by the Advertising Standards Authority. 

Essentially, I'd just say anything that you think will illicit the response that you require. 

As my late father once declared ' Can they shoot you for it'? The answer is 'No they can't'. 

Oh, and when I'm doing this sort of thing I copy myself into the email. However, I suspect that this may be unnecessary, but I'm quite IT illiterate.

PS - The value of doing it privately is that you can put your own mind to rest if you have won or not. 

PPS - Of course you do know that it is waaaay more probable that you haven't / didn't win?

• 3 weeks later...

I think you're all paranoid. Not everyone who wants to go to Glastonbury is on Twitter or a member of this forum. 

I enter loads of competitions, often for stuff I'm only vaguely interested in. I won't be logging into a John Travolta Facebook group if I win tickets to an open air screening next month.

There's no way the competition is anything other than legit, the negative publicity for the festival if it wasn't would be everywhere.