Worthy Farm CHEESE

GlastoEls

17 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

with the draw being done by an external company, I'm just going to presume there is a reason it says 5 working days... the fact there is no indication of any winners suggests it hasn't been drawn yet.

Hope so!!!

On 3/18/2021 at 3:13 PM, gigpusher said:

Ah the great controversial question. I had a very good friend who would be incandescent with rage if she ordered a cheese and onion pie and it had potato in it and so in her honour whenever I make it at home I stick with cheese and onion. I'll be honest I don't have such strong feelings either way but if I put potato in I know she would be judging me 😄 

On 3/18/2021 at 3:53 PM, Wellyboot said:

a cheese and onion pie should be cheese and onion and a cheese, onion and potato pie should have potato in. When they call it a cheese and onion pie but put potato in sneakily thats not ok 🙂 

I LOVE cheese and onion pie, esp home made so I am beyond jealous right now of your tea!! 🤩

Well it seems that what I have been making was a potato pie flavoured with cheese and onion - apologies to anybody that I may have unwittingly offended in the past by calling it a cheese and onion pie.

Anyway, today I have made a cheese and onion pie (no potato involved). The recipe called for Lancashire cheese but thanks to @crazyfool1 and @vintagelaureate I have a surfeit of cheddar at the moment so used that instead.

Pie.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Well it seems that what I have been making was a potato pie flavoured with cheese and onion - apologies to anybody that I may have unwittingly offended in the past by calling it a cheese and onion pie.

Anyway, today I have made a cheese and onion pie (no potato involved). The recipe called for Lancashire cheese but thanks to @crazyfool1 and @vintagelaureate I have a surfeit of cheddar at the moment so used that instead.

Pie.jpg

Hopefully it will mean fingers in the Glastonbury pie 🙂 thankyou 

Edited by crazyfool1

51 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Pie.jpg

Brilliant! Looks superb!

4 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Pie.jpg

That looks lovely 😍 hope it tasted as good as it looks!! 😋

16 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Pie.jpg

Looks great. I was like you completely unaware of the controversy but once aware of the horror that could be caused by the rogue potato I changed my ways as well. That's a good looking pie I still haven't gotten round to making mine yet as it turns out I don't have enough onion in and had other food that needed using up.