Worthy Farm CHEESE

GlastoEls

Bought a pack yesterday. Haven't opened it yet.

Peeled back the promotional sticker on one in the shop and it didn't peel back properly, leaving half of the sticker (the sticky side) still stuck to the wrapper. Swapped it for another one. Looked like a QR code.

Do you need a QR reader in order to be able to enter the competition?

25 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

'Mild' Cheddar.....what's that all about?  Whoever said 'What this sandwich needs is some 'mild' cheddar in it'? Jeez.

Discuss.

I wouldn’t say it was mild. It’s got more flavour than the insipid bland stuff on the shelves.  I like it, I like a versatile cheddar that I can eat myself, the kids don’t hate and can be thrown on a pizza when I’ve run out of mozzarella.

It might be Coldplay, but at least it doesn’t present itself as being better than it really is (like The 1975, aka posh dairylea)

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Bought a pack yesterday. Haven't opened it yet.

Peeled back the promotional sticker on one in the shop and it didn't peel back properly, leaving half of the sticker (the sticky side) still stuck to the wrapper. Swapped it for another one. Looked like a QR code.

Do you need a QR reader in order to be able to enter the competition?

No need for QR reader, the sticker has a webpage you can go to 👍🏽

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, March Hare said:

.It might be Coldplay, but at least it doesn’t present itself as being better than it really is (like The 1975, aka posh dairylea)

What this thread needs now is a cheese based lineup poster.....

I'd def see all of Gruyere, Gorgonzola and Mature Cheddar as Pyramid headliners.  

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Thanks @March Hare.

Is the cheese even cheesier if the milk used is from cows that have been grazing at Williams Green I wonder, that being the cheesiest of cheese bit of the festival (in terms of music played there, imo)???

Oh yeah, the cows have grazed on the grass just after Elvana played. Couldn’t be any cheesier.

Starter for 10.  If Worthy Farm Cheese is Coldplay...

What is Somerset Brie? (Answers should be followed with another cheese based follow up question)

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im going to have to have a listen to those on the bottom 5 lines ... Ive not heard of any of them ... off to the new cheese thread 

I ran out of my own ideas, then got bored of picking the good ones from a list so copy pasta 🍝 

I once went to the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe horse race in Paris and found my accommodation in Orly. Me and my mates couldn't be arsed getting into Paris to go on the piss, so decided to go on the all day'er in Orly. What ensued is mental. However, there was one point in the late evening when we went to a shop to buy some bread and cheese - the French equivalent of a kebab, I guess. Kind of. 

Anyway, this cheese was by far the smelliest cheese I have ever smelt. Even sweat sodden jock straps could not have given off a more foul odour. A jam rag would have to give up the ghost too in that smelly competition*. 

Anyway, this cheese was a little like the durian fruit -  it smelt like shit but was as tasty as a tasty cheesey comestible. 

* What? 

What what what?

You what?

Do I? Do I really?

20 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I've still not managed to get to a Coop yet. The only ones we have near us (and they are about 2 miles away) are pretty small. What's stock been like in smaller stores? 

We're in London and all our locals are small. Managed to get four packs though! 🙂

I like the cheese, it's not as mature as I'd normally go for buy pretty nice. First draw soonish isn't it? 16th?

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We're in London and all our locals are small. Managed to get four packs though! 🙂

I like the cheese, it's not as mature as I'd normally go for buy pretty nice. First draw soonish isn't it? 16th?

I'm normally a the stronger the better when it comes to cheese but will nip to my local-ish Coop this weekend and buy a packet and maybe supplement it with some extra mature 😄