Worthy Farm CHEESE

GlastoEls

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

no he hasnt ... 

In that case he'll be getting the other ticket, should I win this marvellous prize. The reason being that I owe him one. It's kind of unlikely that I'll ever go to Glastonbury again, but I love this site and 'it's' people, so I kind of hang around here. I probably shouldn't but I can't help it. Plus it gives me an opportunity to talk drunken / stoned shite every so often.

I haven't actually done anything with my code yet, as I can't read what I am supposed to do with it. I can read the code reference and that is all. Shall I PM you the code and you can use it, making sure that vintage is your other amigoe on the two tickets, should it be a winner. I could do this with other purchases too. Presumably I'm to keep the wrapper or something?

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

In that case he'll be getting the other ticket, should I win this marvellous prize. The reason being that I owe him one. It's kind of unlikely that I'll ever go to Glastonbury again, but I love this site and 'it's' people, so I kind of hang around here. I probably shouldn't but I can't help it. Plus it gives me an opportunity to talk drunken / stoned shite every so often.

I haven't actually done anything with my code yet, as I can't read what I am supposed to do with it. I can read the code reference and that is all. Shall I PM you the code and you can use it, making sure that vintage is your other amigoe on the two tickets, should it be a winner. I could do this with other purchases too. Presumably I'm to keep the wrapper or something?

so are you saying you dont want to take the other ticket ? ... ive messaged vintage to ask his thoughts ... Its a case of sending a clear photo of the code to him if that is the case ... 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

so are you saying you dont want to take the other ticket ? ... ive messaged vintage to ask his thoughts ... Its a case of sending a clear photo of the code to him if that is the case ... 

No, I'd not be needing the other ticket. I'll take a photo of the code thing and await instructions.

11 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Not seen it mentioned (apologies if I missed it) , so on the back we have:

cheese.jpg

What a nice story! You can just imagine Michael telling that in his Somerset accent! And of course this years cheese is the finest  ever, until next year when it will be the best ever😉

37 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Has anyone in Scotland managed to get hold of any of this cheese? I’ve tried the Co-ops in Dunfermline, Rosyth and Lochgelly  (my new Asda drivers job takes me to all the best spots) without success.

This is because they hide it when they see an Asda van pull up.

4 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Has anyone in Scotland managed to get hold of any of this cheese? I’ve tried the Co-ops in Dunfermline, Rosyth and Lochgelly  (my new Asda drivers job takes me to all the best spots) without success.

None up here in Ayrshire so far though our cooperative  is quite small.  Perhaps if Michael Eavis branched out and produced a buckfast flavoured cheddar it might sell well across the central belt!  Or perhaps an Irn Bru flavour for the kids. 

New product - a sandwich

https://www.yeovilexpress.co.uk/news/19129293.co-op-unveils-glastonbury-festival-worthy-farm-cheese-pickle-sandwich/

THE Glastonbury Festival is littered with exotic foods for revellers to try - from goat curry to Chinese and Indian food.

However, for those with a more basic taste, the humble cheese and pickle sandwich has been given a Glasto makeover.

Fresh on the heels of the Worthy Farm cheddar cheese being unveiled, the Co-op has now added a Worthy Farm cheese and pickle sandwich to its shelves.

The Co-op Worthy Farm Reserve Cheddar & Pickle sandwich (£2.10 / 154g) uses the same smooth and moreish cheese, created using milk from the dairy herd that are fortunate to call the famous Glastonbury Festival site their home.

As part of the launch promotion, there is an amazing opportunity every month for Co-op members and customers to win tickets to the next Glastonbury Festival.

This exciting monthly competition will be highlighted in-store by a special on-pack promotion.

Kate Addison, food-to-go product developer at Co-op, said: “We’re so proud to continue to support British farmers and producers in the making of this limited-edition sandwich.

"Sitting in our new fibre-enriched bread, the Cheddar is aged under wood for six months, delivering a mature rounded flavour with a hint of sweetness, that melts to give a lasting, creamy flavour.”

The Co-op Worthy Farm Reserve Cheddar & Pickle sandwich will be available nationwide from March 10 to purchase singly or as part of Co-op’s popular £3.50 lunchtime meal deal.

Edited by henry bear

On 2/27/2021 at 4:32 PM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I bought a pack from the village Co Op in East Kilbride if you're ever in that part of Scotland. Not checked since, but when I bought it, they had loads of them.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I didn’t really think much of this cheddar.  I expected it to be the best cheddar ever and it was just a little bit bland and underwhelming.

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but I didn’t really think much of this cheddar.  I expected it to be the best cheddar ever and it was just a little bit bland and underwhelming.

We had some a couple of weeks ago and I said the same!

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

yeah, i agree actually, its quite meh. might try a bit of cheese on toast and see if that enlivens it at all. Though i do like a kickass strong cheese, blue/stilton/manchego/all sorts, so perhaps its just a bit more middle of the road and my tastebuds are used to being blown away? 

I thought it was alright. Strikes a pleasant enough balance between strength and creaminess without being too far either way. It doesn't crumble, which makes it good for sandwiches.

It's a middle of the road cheddar basically.

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

I bought a pack from the village Co Op in East Kilbride if you're ever in that part of Scotland. Not checked since, but when I bought it, they had loads of them.

Thanks... managed to find some in a Dunfermline store, seems to have arrived in the country! 

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

I thought it was alright. Strikes a pleasant enough balance between strength and creaminess without being too far either way. It doesn't crumble, which makes it good for sandwiches.

It's a middle of the road cheddar basically.

About right for £3