Worthy Farm CHEESE

GlastoEls

44 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

You always know that you should be backing off when you have to explain the joke. 

Aye you are right there. Trouble is Cheese straws and Cracker Barrel cheese are from the 70s and most on here a bit young to remember them.  I’m off to have a glass of blue nun and cheese and pineapple lumps on cocktail sticks. Now where’s my fondue set? 

And of course an empty fruit bowl on the coffee table for the car keys😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Aye you are right there. Trouble is Cheese straws and Cracker Barrel cheese are from the 70s and most on here a bit young to remember them.  I’m off to have a glass of blue nun and cheese and pineapple lumps on cocktail sticks. Now where’s my fondue set? 

And of course an empty fruit bowl on the coffee table for the car keys😉

Ah, those were the days: Fruit juice for a starter, chicken in a basket followed by black forest gateau. Or if you were going posh, a night out at a Berni Inn. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Ah, those were the days: Fruit juice for a starter, chicken in a basket followed by black forest gateau. Or if you were going posh, a night out at a Berni Inn. 

Yes, but sadly being brought up in a council house we could only dream of that symbol of affluence, the avocado bathroom suite😁

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, but sadly being brought up in a council house we could only dream of that symbol of affluence, the avocado bathroom suite😁

Perhaps we should explain to younger people that avocado was the colour and not what it was made from. 

Also grew up in a council house and had no idea what an avocado was.

Height of pear luxury was a tin of Del Monte Bartlett Pears. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

Perhaps we should explain to younger people that avocado was the colour and not what it was made from. 

Also grew up in a council house and had no idea what an avocado was.

Height of pear luxury was a tin of Del Monte Bartlett Pears. 

The one advantage of the avocado colour was that it disguised certain, eh, stains  and puke wasn’t as obvious either😉!   

Anyway, I digress, back to the cheese, none in our local co-op. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Cheese located in East London/Essex, it was indeed not in the cheese section, thank you for your guidance all.  Just about to enter the codes for my mates. 

On 2/18/2021 at 2:24 PM, crazyfool1 said:

just a quick check to do ... those codes peel off quite easily  a couple of mine say the codes arent valid ... now im not sure if by mistake ive tried inputting the same ones twice by mistake but worth a check 

When you entered yours did you need to add a photo of the code itself?  It seems that's a thing now. 

Edited by Greenelk

13 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Cheese located in East London/Essex, it was indeed not in the cheese section, thank you for your guidance all.  Just about to enter the codes for my mates. 

When you entered yours did you need to add a photo of the code itself?  It seems that's a thing now. 

Yep ... but a couple of my codes seemed like they had been used already ... maybe I just got confused though as I was trying to enter all 8 ... there is no acknowledgement of each entry ... it’s easy to do on a phone with camera using qr code 

Edited by crazyfool1

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Surely there’s an opportunity to diverse into other dairy products such as yogurts? 

If they're really only using the (albeit larger than average) Worthy Farm herd, then there's going to be a limit on how much milk they can produce though.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

If they're really only using the (albeit larger than average) Worthy Farm herd, then there's going to be a limit on how much milk they can produce though.

I suspect that it includes but is not exclusively Worthy Farm milk. 

Edited by Losing my hair

On 2/10/2021 at 7:59 PM, StoneCircle said:

Indeed she is, with a surprisingly similar name! https://www.worthycheddar.co.uk/

I'm sure I had a baggette filled with this being sold from a table top next to the cider bus one year. After 4 days of eating festival food it was the nicest thing I'd ever had. The cheese was the creamiest dreamiest cheddar for sure 🙂

2 hours ago, whisty said:

I'm sure I had a baggette filled with this being sold from a table top next to the cider bus one year. After 4 days of eating festival food it was the nicest thing I'd ever had. The cheese was the creamiest dreamiest cheddar for sure 🙂

While I’m trying not to fan boy, the cheese is really nice. I bloody love a proper cheddar and would have called it out if it wasn’t. So fair play to them. It’s a good product 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Do you get confirmation of entry i took photo!! It never went past 0% on submit!!! Then wudnt let me submit code again!!! What will be will be i guess!!! Can you only enter once a month or have i read tht wrong!!! Good luck everyone!!! Lovely cheese!!! 

hopefully its given you an entry .... no confirmation unfortunately ... a few people seem to have been experiencing difficulties with the codes ...