Worthy Farm CHEESE

GlastoEls

18 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Really glad to see Worthy cheese back again - haven't seen it for years! Still  have a wrapper from the last time I saw it, got to be a good 10 years or more ago, in my merchandise archive... Was on sale in Sainsbury's then.

Could that be from  https://www.worthycheddar.co.uk/ which is run by Michaels daughter?

24 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Could that be from  https://www.worthycheddar.co.uk/ which is run by Michaels daughter?

I just had a look at that website....and interestingly it appears the company are based in Penzance, Cornwall. 

So not sure what the connection to Worthy Farm is?

32 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I just had a look at that website....and interestingly it appears the company are based in Penzance, Cornwall. 

So not sure what the connection to Worthy Farm is?

The owner is my neighbour (and friend) as the crow flies! She is one of Michael Eavis's daughters. He is a regular visitor to St Just and is president of the Methodist church here.  The milk comes from farms in Somerset and is made by Barbers. There is always a truckle or 2 in my fridge. 

Many, many years ago - maybe 2004, someone was selling some cheese on the Monday after the festival and I asked where it was from and she said "from here", and me thinking she meant England or Somerset pressed for more details, being keen on my food miles and all and she said "no, it's from here, this farm", gesturing about.

For the record, it was a very good cheddar.

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Many, many years ago - maybe 2004, someone was selling some cheese on the Monday after the festival and I asked where it was from and she said "from here", and me thinking she meant England or Somerset pressed for more details, being keen on my food miles and all and she said "no, it's from here, this farm", gesturing about.

For the record, it was a very good cheddar.

2004 sounds about right. It was sold in larger Sainsburys around that time as well though not for all that long - maybe a year or so at most.

1 minute ago, March Hare said:

Can this thread become - all the ways you use the cheese so you buy more and get as many chances to win tickets as possible? If so here is exhibit a

I was going to say that you can always use it to disguise a horse.

But then I remembered that only works with mascarpone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4