What single Glastonbury moment are you looking forward to in 2022?

kalifire

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Getting tickets!

Yep subject to getting tickets I love looking out over the festival on the Tuesday night and then heading back to the caravan full of nervous excitement. I also love that first interaction with the always friendly Oxfam crew when they put that wristband on your wrist. 

Baggy Mondays on the Thursday afternoon.

It's songs we've heard a million times before, and it's basically just a ten a penny indie disco. But...

It's something that all of my group generally agree on, so we're all in the same place. Generally nicely oiled by that stage, but at that wonderful point when you're just getting warmed up. And it's the first proper crowd singalong of the weekend, even if it is just to a DJ. 

It feels like the point at which the weekend is just about to properly start. Wednesday is getting on the rollercoaster, Wednesday night and Thursday are the climb up to the start of the ride, and Baggy Mondays is the point at which you  reach that peak, seeing the whole ride spread out below you and just about to get the adrenaline rush of the first drop into the madness.

The whole crowd belting out I Am The Resurrection will just be amazing. Whenever I hear that song, that's exactly where it takes me. And it will be glorious.

Edited by Quark

Getting really emotional reading these. I made it there for about 36 hours in 2019 in the end as we had a sick but stable child in hospital... but never really relaxed, I consider 2017 the last time I was really there and it feels like a million years ago now. I think I'll be in tears from the last half hour of the drive onwards but stopping at the top of the Worthy View on the way down and seeing the site in full... I'll be a wreck 

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Getting through the gates and hopefully giving @March Hare a big ol hug, because it will mean I am there. I will be crying.

OR

The screaming, fever pitch of excitement for whatever Pyramid headliner I first see. Knowing I am going to sing louder, and dance harder than I have in five years.

I think it might be the first band that play one of the main stages on the Friday.

Just imagine - ‘special guests’ opening the Pyramid. It’s blatantly Coldplay and they smash through Yellow first up.

Pitching and setting up my caravan (caravans are allowed in from Tuesday lunchtime) and then walking to the top of the Hill of Death (really a slope of mild inconvenience) and looking out over the lights of the site and being able to say "we're home."

Wednesday morning meandering down to get wristbanded and then be able to bimble around the site watching the new arrivals putting up their tents.

Collecting a programme and being able to sit and plan our stay.

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Getting through the gates and hopefully giving @March Hare a big ol hug, because it will mean I am there. I will be crying.

OR

The screaming, fever pitch of excitement for whatever Pyramid headliner I first see. Knowing I am going to sing louder, and dance harder than I have in five years.

Right back at you buddy. Followed by “give me your bags, we’ve got camp set up and a beer waiting for you”

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Getting tickets!

Assuming I can make this happen...

... then for me the moment will be in Block 9, around 5-6am, refusing to call it a night as the crowd thins out, then stumbling across site in the dawn light back to my tent, and thinking, “where else can you party this hard?” 

7 hours ago, stuie said:

Not having any upvotes to use when you read a thread like this is a bit w*nk. 

Maceo’s on the Monday night will proper go off like.

Possibly my favourite place on site and I want to be there so bad. 

8 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Pitching and setting up my caravan (caravans are allowed in from Tuesday lunchtime) and then walking to the top of the Hill of Death (really a slope of mild inconvenience) and looking out over the lights of the site and being able to say "we're home."

Beat me to it.

After setting up the caravan/camp, it’s sitting on top of that hill on the Tuesday afternoon/eve cracking open the first beverage, watching the queue to the main gate get bigger & bigger, looking over the site thinking ‘yoooooou beauty’... and ultimately just the excitement of guessing/knowing what’s in store for all of us over the next few days.

It will happen again.

Oh god I could cry reading these, you've made me all emotional!

I dont know if i can pick just one thing im looking forward to the most. I didnt get tickets in 2019 so I havent been since 2017, so thats ages! 

I'm looking forward to getting my friends house on the Tuesday afternoon because we'll be setting off together at silly o'clock Wednesday morning! 

I'm looking forward to getting to the car park and getting in the queue! 

I'm looking forward to getting camp set up and meeting our neighbours!

I'm looking forward to seeing Shaun discover the site and take it all in as he's not been before!

I'm looking forward to the eFests meet - I wont need dragging this time cos I'll be less shy/scared (hopefully anyway!)

I'm looking forward to meeting my mum and dad on the Wednesday night when they arrive!

I'm looking forward to all hugs and random chats with strangers!

I'm looking forward to every band /act I'm going to see!

I'm looking forward to the weather - whatever thats going to be!

I'm looking forward to it all!!!! 

I'm sorry I cant stick to the rules and pick one thing but its impossible x

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

Driving up from the local Inn we will be staying at, and being able to get Worthy FM on the car radio for the first time always sends a huge buzz of excitement through me, because it means I'm nearly at my other home!

Picking up Worthy FM for the first time as you approach the site is like going away as a kid in the family car when it's the first to shout "I can see the sea".