A weekly "Album Club"?

EighteenSixty7

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'll be up for this. I was going to suggest a thread at the beginning of lockdown where we all listen to roundtable on 6music and discuss/rate the tunes (like they used to have on the 6 website) - but turns out they have done away with roundtable!

The only alternative I've got is we all review the new releases on Top of the Pop on BBC4 = the next one looks good!

"Anthea Turner presents the pop chart programme, first broadcast on 16 August 1990 and featuring Go West, The KLF and Betty Boo."

Not particularly proud of this but Betty Boo was one of the first CDs I owned... all tapes up until that point.  Gonna give it a revisit this afternoon... bet I still know most of the lyrics yet I have to write a shopping list if I need more than 3 things. 

1 minute ago, SheffJeff said:

Not particularly proud of this but Betty Boo was one of the first CDs I owned... all tapes up until that point.  Gonna give it a revisit this afternoon... bet I still know most of the lyrics yet I have to write a shopping list if I need more than 3 things. 

They are doing a series of docs on each year and she was interviewed in one - she still looks great ( this post somehow feels sexist, even though  I think  I'm being complimentary!).

8 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

I don't know the official ruling on this, but I don't think you need to be ashamed.

In the world of early 90s disposable bubblegum pop, she was one of the good ones, right? Decent songs and she had a sense of humour about the whole thing. 

10 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

My best mate at uni used to have it on tape. We used to listen to it when we were pissed.

We'd have to be really pissed to flip it over and listen to the other side though (Craig McLachlan and Check 1 2's album).

12 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

Boomania is available on streaming services if you want to make it your first recommended album 😄

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

They are doing a series of docs on each year and she was interviewed in one - she still looks great ( this post somehow feels sexist, even though  I think  I'm being complimentary!).

Cheers pal, will give it a listen as KLF was also one of my first CDs so should be nostalgic if nothing else... and Betty will always be sexy, I remember having lots of strange feelings watching her videos that confused me as an 11 year old!

51 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

I was lined up to go to one of those naff retro ‘Let’s Rock’ festivals last/this year. What swung it for me was Ms Boo being on the line up