Scientists say no BIG EVENTS for years

guypjfreak

I'm watching the box and on JV program thier talking about no BIG EVENTS for maybe up to the 2 years...... Or more.. 

So no Glastonbury 

No FESTIVALS 

No tour de france 

No horse racing 

No football 

Struth this could be a hurt /heal 

Etc. This is the not good news me fears... Maybe there is something ELSE we're not being told old sons... 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think this year **might** see socially distanced free gigs/events for people who've been vaccined only then next summer back to normal.

There are a lot of variables. There’s no proper data on the duration of efficacy for any of the vaccines right now. It’s quite possible that by next June, most of the people being vaccinated right now will need another shot or two or will once again become susceptible and contagious. Does that mean only the double vaccinated folk get to attend mass events? Will we wait to elimination before mass events happen again? 

The way I read that is that these venues/festivals are facing a 2 1/2 year period without income.... that clock started in March 2020, for things to be back and running by the end of next summer at the latest meets the 2 1/2 year timescale. They'll be looking at it in regard to the end of August events in Glasgow. It's not so different to what we're all expecting anyway.

2 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Big talk considering 3 of them happened last year with some crowds in spite of no vaccines. 

Virtual upvote

EDIT

Expanding slightly on this, top level sport is going to keep happening, in one form or another, largely because there's so much money in it as a TV product. Full crowds are a separate matter, but the events will still take place.

Edited by waltere