Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2022

kingcrawler

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

image.png.e42981390a59890add8eeeba6ccc2fbb.png

That's the list of supports. Obviously wont be The Strokes over here and I feel like St Vinny is supporting someone else around that time? 

Excuse me what… those support acts are massive. Aren’t some of these acts headliners at some places they play at? How did they manage that…

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

image.png.e42981390a59890add8eeeba6ccc2fbb.png

That's the list of supports. Obviously wont be The Strokes over here and I feel like St Vinny is supporting someone else around that time? 

The Strokes won’t play a festival below headline but will support RHCP?

6 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

The Strokes won’t play a festival below headline but will support RHCP?

With the quality of supports they've bagged I imagine they'll all have been offered a very good payday for it. They're huge, 65k+ venues enormo-stadiums in the States so a few of these supports will definitely push a few undecideds over the line to buy, and will be compensated accordingly. I can't imagine A$AP for instance bothering to do a support slot unless it's a decent cheque.

I'm sure they'd support in the UK too if they were paid accordingly. Probably have their own dates already booked during the Euro leg.

The Strokes have shown multiple times that they mainly care about the money. Pretty sure one of them said as much before. The fact that the money they want is usually headliner-sized is probably more of a coincidence. Give them 20m and they'd probably open the Other Stage.

12 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

image.thumb.png.c855ad96992e6286a9ba279329b21bfe.png
just had an email

Ooft, it's true after all. Hope that means Thundercat and Paak are locked in as they were in 2020, and get A$AP on the line up please (and RHCP for that matter - but I know they're not popular round these parts).

Anyone else think it's really dumb that RHCP are playing their UK shows over Glasto week? It feels almost intentional like they hate the festival as much as the festival hates them

11 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Anyone else think it's really dumb that RHCP are playing their UK shows over Glasto week? It feels almost intentional like they hate the festival as much as the festival hates them

I love it. Means there’s no chance of me even accidentally going to one of their gigs.

12 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Seen lots of bands do that sort of thing during festivals. At least its not Elton John teasing glasto every tour he has with a gap.

28 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Yup, really annoying.

Debating the Barcelona date at the moment with mates but not sure I've got enough annual leave to make it work.

19 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Bonobo tour confirmed, finishes up before festival season?

As with nearly all artists I want to see, no Scottish dates 🥴

D0AECF75-B51D-40BF-9E0F-457C24407E09.jpeg

I reckon he’ll do a Scottish festival next summer given the lack of a gig here, maybe Playground or Riverside.

20 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I reckon he’ll do a Scottish festival next summer given the lack of a gig here, maybe Playground or Riverside.

Just never the same as a stand-alone gig!

good he’s hitting up cultural metropolis Nottingham instead though (no offence to Nottingham).

2 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Just never the same as a stand-alone gig!

good he’s hitting up cultural metropolis Nottingham instead though (no offence to Nottingham).

Playing the literal best venue in the country. Nothing surprising there.