Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

2 minutes ago, reflekting said:

IOW headliners are scraping the barrel these days. How are Kasabian back as headliners without a proper lead singer?

I wouldn't call that scraping the barrel at all.

Muse are one of the most reliable stadium ticket shifters out there and Capaldi can sell out the O2 in seconds. Despite their problems Kasabian are still hugely popular.

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Happy mondays and paul heaton were due to play glastonbury in 2020 so they will probably be back.

Anyone else from this line up that will probably be playing?

Capaldi maybe third down the Pyramid after DiRoss might work.

Wouldn't be shocked to see The Vaccines, Sigrid, Blossoms, The Coral and UB40 to show up either.

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s weird that I think Kasabian are crap but I really am rooting for this current lineup and happy to see them still topping relatively big stuff like IOW (even if it isn’t what it once was). 

It’s not weird. I think it would be scummy for anyone to get excited about Kasabian potentially being treated negatively as a result of positive and exemplary actions.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Capaldi maybe third down the Pyramid after DiRoss might work.

Wouldn't be shocked to see The Vaccines, Sigrid, Blossoms, The Coral and UB40 to show up either.

I believe Capaldi wasn’t in the picture for 2020 despite playing dates around the festival. He seems to be doing a total rollover of that next year so I won’t be surprised if he’s just not there.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I believe Capaldi wasn’t in the picture for 2020 despite playing dates around the festival. He seems to be doing a total rollover of that next year so I won’t be surprised if he’s just not there.

Think he’s headlining Latitude too so can’t imagine he’ll take a lower slot at Glastonbury this year

Lewis Capaldi is playing Ireland every day over Glastonbury next year, so he won’t be there thankfully. 

Muse seem like a very decent booking for IOW, certainly a bigger name than anyone they’ve had in the last few years. It’s still a very IOW style lineup but seems a slightly better standard than the last few.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Lewis Capaldi is playing Ireland every day over Glastonbury next year, so he won’t be there thankfully. 

Muse seem like a very decent booking for IOW, certainly a bigger name than anyone they’ve had in the last few years. It’s still a very IOW style lineup but seems a slightly better standard than the last few.

Just said over in another thread that it strikes me that IOW might have realised they need a big name or two at the very top of the lineup to bring the punters back in.

Not sure if this was noted but after Liam Gallagher fucked his nose at Isle of Wight, he had to reschedule a gig in Ireland to 24th June 2022. Just got a FB advert for it, seems unlikely he'll play but hes definitely around.

image.png.dfa8c2af8cc0e1d64cbdfb26653f6933.png

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not sure if this was noted but after Liam Gallagher fucked his nose at Isle of Wight, he had to reschedule a gig in Ireland to 24th June 2022. Just got a FB advert for it, seems unlikely he'll play but hes definitely around.

image.png.dfa8c2af8cc0e1d64cbdfb26653f6933.png

I posted a while back. I’m sure someone out there has him at the top of their wish list again.