Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Where would Paolo place at Glasto these days? Other sub?

Really difficult. From memory was he effected by the electric storm last time that messed up timings for lily Allen, elbow, rudimental, interpol? Think he was 3rd down other? Guess depends if his new stuff flops or not but then not stopped Billie.....

Could he be acoustic headliner??? I say 4th down pyramid if he comes out of the barn with a belter

34 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Really difficult. From memory was he effected by the electric storm last time that messed up timings for lily Allen, elbow, rudimental, interpol? Think he was 3rd down other? Guess depends if his new stuff flops or not but then not stopped Billie.....

Could he be acoustic headliner??? I say 4th down pyramid if he comes out of the barn with a belter

Other sub last time (and based on his placings at other fests should really have been headlining it).

Obviously the fact it’s a Scottish event is a huge caveat regarding his placing, but it’s still pretty impressive for a non-legacy act to be headlining a fairly big fest after eight years between albums - and it’s great to see him on the comeback trail regardless of how it goes sales-wise.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Really hard as I thought in 2014 he was kinda underbilled. 

Aye. Would’ve made the whole top of the 2014 card look that little bit stronger if he’d taken one of the Other headline spots wasted on Skrillex and Buggy Boy. The clash with Elbow was stupid too.

10 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Aye. Would’ve made the whole top of the 2014 card look that little bit stronger if he’d taken one of the Other headline spots wasted on Skrillex and Buggy Boy. The clash with Elbow was stupid too.

Did he clash with elbow? I always remember his set being in the dark.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Did he clash with elbow? I always remember his set being in the dark.

He was certainly meant to clash with Elbow. Can’t remember if he actually did after all the timings got messed up by the storm tho. All I remember is rushing through the mud after he finished because nobody was sure when the hell any of the headliners on the main stages that night were going to end up coming on.

17 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

He was certainly meant to clash with Elbow. Can’t remember if he actually did after all the timings got messed up by the storm tho. All I remember is rushing through the mud after he finished because nobody was sure when the hell any of the headliners on the main stages that night were going to end up coming on.

The timings were definitely screwed up. I watched Interpol with the intention of going over to Elbow afterwards, by the time I got from Other to Pyramid Elbow were just finishing up.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The timings were definitely screwed up. I watched Interpol with the intention of going over to Elbow afterwards, by the time I got from Other to Pyramid Elbow were just finishing up.

Likewise, I turned up a few minutes before P-Nut was due on and saw all of Interpol instead! They kept flashing up updated timings for the Other on its screens, but without a smartphone you were completely in the dark as to what was going on elsewhere.

I watched Elbow and got round to The Other and (I think) he was just starting. 

I'm placing him as Pyramid headliner. Yeah, I know but I'd be happy.

We've spoken on here about how people can come back to more excitement because they've been away for so long. It would be one hell of a gamble for the festival but I'd imagine his album (there must be one) will do really well.

More realisticly I'd see him as Pymild sub or Other headliner.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I watched Elbow and got round to The Other and (I think) he was just starting. 

I'm placing him as Pyramid headliner. Yeah, I know but I'd be happy.

We've spoken on here about how people can come back to more excitement because they've been away for so long. It would be one hell of a gamble for the festival but I'd imagine his album (there must be one) will do really well.

More realisticly I'd see him as Pymild sub or Other headliner.

I think sub would be a good spot for him, in a year where people have been suggesting Wolf Alice and Haim for the sub slot, I think Paolo would easily get a bigger crowd than them

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I think sub would be a good spot for him, in a year where people have been suggesting Wolf Alice and Haim for the sub slot, I think Paolo would easily get a bigger crowd than them

Only problem with that of course being that he hasn’t tried to sell a single tour ticket or album since 2014, so - unless his streaming stats are incredible - his popularity outside Scotland could have dropped off a cliff in the intervening years and the bookers wouldn’t know until it was too late. He doesn’t ‘do’ social media to maintain a fanbase either. Apart from a couple of random shows like headlining Hogmanay 2017, he’s just completely disappeared from the public eye for what will by next summer be nearly a decade.

Other sub definitely sounds less risky. If his comeback does go well they can always invite him back for a Pyramid sub/Other headline slot next time (unless of course he takes another massive break).

Really struggle to place him. I think he’d work 3rd / 4th down pyrmaid / other sub. Then again I could even see him third down other… which is ambitious but he’s taken a long break and it’s really hard to gauge whether the festival would still push him as a marquee act.