Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Not sure I agree tbf.  They’ve all worked hard to build the Kasabian brand and there are those that want the songs played.  Why because of 1 idiots mistake should the rest lose out?!

Maybe so, I suppose my perspective is more sentimental in the fact that I'd rather see the thing I loved left how it was and start a new chapter. Yours is more of a straightforward and logical approach.

I'd still support the rest of the band in whatever they go on to do, but ultimately Tom Meighan can fuck off.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Maybe so, I suppose my perspective is more sentimental in the fact that I'd rather see the thing I loved left how it was and start a new chapter. Yours is more of a straightforward and logical approach.

I'd still support the rest of the band in whatever they go on to do, but ultimately Tom Meighan can fuck off.

We can 100% agree on the last part! 

35 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Chill out thread police.

Thread police, arrest this man,
He talks in touring patterns, he bimbles like a hippy,
He's like a detuned radiohead.

Thread police, arrest this girl,
Her Hayley Williams hairdo is making me feel ill,
And we have crashed her party for one.

This is what you'll get,
This is what you'll get,
This is what you'll get,
When you mess with eFests.

Thread police, I've given all I can,
It's not enough, I've given a 5 stage Glastonbury prediction,
But we're still on less than 15 rep points.

This is what you'll get,
This is what you'll get,
This is what you'll get,
When you mess with eFests.

For a minute there,
I lost myself, I lost my goan fish curry.

Phew, for a minute there,
I lost myself, I lost myself.

For a minute there,
I lost myself, I lost myself.

Phew, for a minute there,
I lost myself, I lost track of who was ruled out of Glastonbury 2022 and embarrassed myself in the headliners thread.

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 9/3/2021 at 9:35 AM, Euphoricape said:

Flaming lips? Park headliner hopefully.

Again? The enforced break makes me feel strange about things like this, there's only been one festival since they last played that exact slot, which seems a bit much for a headliner. On the other hand it will have been 5 years by the time the festival rolls around which is obviously long enough.

6 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Again? The enforced break makes me feel strange about things like this, there's only been one festival since they last played that exact slot, which seems a bit much for a headliner. On the other hand it will have been 5 years by the time the festival rolls around which is obviously long enough.

For me the gap should be measured in festivals, not years.

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

Kate Nash, the singer-songwriter announces UK tour dates for May/June 2022,

Brighton Chalk, 23 May
London Electric Brixton, 24
Bristol Fleece, 25
Nottingham Rescue Rooms, 27
Manchester Academy 2, 28
Glasgow King Tuts, 29
Leeds The Wardrobe, 31
Birmingham Castle & Falcon, 01 June

Did you get the ok from Matt42 to post this?

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That 1st June date makes it ok.

I'd even suggest that she has scheduled this tour to end on the first day of June just to make this thread.

Ah yes, well played Kate Nash. Teasing us with what looks like a May tour but you’re right, that no doubt hastily added Brum date gives her eligibility for this prestigious thread

Well yeah this thread definitely had a direct link to potentially playing Glastonbury in previous years, be it warm up dates or a tour the week of the festival, or non-UK acts doing Europe shows with the weekend free and could drop by.

It stands to reason that The Vaccines’ April 2022 tour has nothing to do with playing Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well yeah this thread definitely had a direct link to potentially playing Glastonbury in previous years, be it warm up dates or a tour the week of the festival, or non-UK acts doing Europe shows with the weekend free and could drop by.

It stands to reason that The Vaccines’ April 2022 tour has nothing to do with playing Glastonbury.

Is there any additional rules you’d like us to follow.  We have the thingy for announcements maybe we could be provided with a handy rule book for what each thread stands for!

Without rules there is chaos.

I do think this thread should be tours that make an act at least a possibility of playing Glastonbury or even ruling them out if they're touring the US at the time.

There's a hint of excitement when there's a new post in here. Click in to see who's about that could be pencilled in only to find out Billy and The Bollocks are touring in May. Disappointment abounds.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Without rules there is chaos.

I do think this thread should be tours that make an act at least a possibility of playing Glastonbury or even ruling them out if they're touring the US at the time.

There's a hint of excitement when there's a new post in here. Click in to see who's about that could be pencilled in only to find out Billy and The Bollocks are touring in May. Disappointment abounds.

A UK tour in April/May could be setting an act up for a jaunt around the summer festivals though.

Either way, unless it's obviously not around Glastonbury there's no real need to be anal about it.