Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

Interesting that Idles haven't been announced as their Saturday support, would've thought they'd certainly take up that slot again. 

Possibly a scheduling conflict. So many festivals at that time of year, they could easily already be committed.

Just now, maelzoid said:

Possibly a scheduling conflict. So many festivals at that time of year, they could easily already be committed.

That's a good point, could've planned to do uk and Europe this year and states next year for all we know. Desperately wanted them back on the farm though. 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

So looks as if for Glasto and festivals in general there will be a lot of 2020 acts next year, I'd take that as a compromise for mostly British lineups this year instead 

I just take that as there being a much bigger pool for them to pick from next year. The acts that were planning to tour in 20/21 will be desperate to get out there again as will the ones who were always planning for 22.

I remember saying before that next year's lineup would essentially be rebuilt from scratch, but there will naturally be some crossover just because a lot of those acts are about again.

So that’s Crowded House, Aerosmith, Diana Ross, Manic Street Preachers, Sam Fender and Pet Shop Boys looking like near certainties in some of the big slots.  Guessing I’ve missed plenty more who’ve announced gigs around the time

Less Likely - Isley Brothers, TLC (although i think the festival they’re announced for will yet cancelled) and Supergrass (everywhere this year)

Edited by sisco

1 hour ago, sisco said:

So that’s Crowded House, Aerosmith, Diana Ross, Manic Street Preachers, Sam Fender and Pet Shop Boys looking like near certainties in some of the big slots.  Guessing I’ve missed plenty more who’ve announced gigs around the time

Less Likely - Isley Brothers, TLC (although i think the festival they’re announced for will yet cancelled) and Supergrass (everywhere this year)

Not sure these qualify as big slots, but based on this previous post, assuming the idea that everyone from 2020 gets another invite for 2021 holds over to 2022, I'd say Sinéad O'Connor, Fontaines DC and Orbital are also all back.  (Orbital was not on the initial poster but self confirmed in 2020, and they now have Irish dates for 2022 around Glastonbury).

I'm pretty happy about some of these re-bookings.

3 hours ago, assorted said:

Not sure these qualify as big slots, but based on this previous post, assuming the idea that everyone from 2020 gets another invite for 2021 holds over to 2022, I'd say Sinéad O'Connor, Fontaines DC and Orbital are also all back.  (Orbital was not on the initial poster but self confirmed in 2020, and they now have Irish dates for 2022 around Glastonbury).

I'm pretty happy about some of these re-bookings.

I wouldn't assume that the lineup will be rolled again. They will want to book the best of who's available in 2022. Obviously that will cross over with who was available in 2020 but not entirely.

9 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

So looks as if for Glasto and festivals in general there will be a lot of 2020 acts next year, I'd take that as a compromise for mostly British lineups this year instead 

It doesn’t surprise me because everyone ready to tour in 2020 hasn’t been able to do anything since. They won’t take a year off when they’ve already had two off. It doesn’t make any sense to go on holiday after 2 years off work.

Edited by Matt42

The Beths UK & European dates have been rescheduled for 27th Mar to 24th Apr next year.  I get the feeling that they're unlikely to be hanging around for 2 months until the festival season kicks off, and don't see them jetting back to NZ and then back to UK/EU again that close together.

Doesn't write them off, but doesn't look great either.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Viral Twitter favourite Dionne Warwick's UK tour is ongoing into June 2022.

Playing on the Friday and Saturday but has the Sunday off.

Oh that would be immense. The Sunday afternoon in the Park á la Mavis Staples, or possibly West Holts.