Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Without being picky… are those venues the venue of a headliner? I just think while she’s a gigantic streaming force it doesn’t seem to be translating into shows. 2 nights at the O2 doesn’t really scream Glasto headliner to me.

I literally said this to you months ago and you just kept quoting streaming stats, called me a boomer and did a dab.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I literally said this to you months ago and you just kept quoting streaming stats, called me a boomer and did a dab.

Nothing in stats for artists means anything anymore bar ticket sales practically. It takes nothing at all to go on spotify or YouTube etc and stream a video. All those pranks from what's his name and his sister, the millions of viewers. They aren't suddenly going to be topping TV Pyramid. The numbers of album sales an act gets these days in one week is tiny compared to of old. Just for example, 36k in the first week is considered pretty big, several years ago just take Mumford as an eg. First album, 214k. Second album they sold over 500k. 

But that's also a big reason why you are paying £70 to see an arena act and not £40/45.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Nothing in stats for artists means anything anymore bar ticket sales practically. It takes nothing at all to go on spotify or YouTube etc and stream a video. All those pranks from what's his name and his sister, the millions of viewers. They aren't suddenly going to be topping TV Pyramid. The numbers of album sales an act gets these days in one week is tiny compared to of old. Just for example, 36k in the first week is considered pretty big, several years ago just take Mumford as an eg. First album, 214k. Second album they sold over 500k. 

But that's also a big reason why you are paying £70 to see an arena act and not £40/45.

Daniel Bedingfield?

You're totally right. Dua Lipa is probably in every popular pre-packaged playlist there is. Does it mean the passive music listener doing zumba or vibing to some tunes before a night out is going to go see her in concert? Or at a festival? Probably not.

Then again, ticket sales probably mean fuck all as well because who are they selling the tickets to? People who would go to Glastonbury?

Maybe we're all just wasting our time and we should just wait and see who plays lmao

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Daniel Bedingfield?

You're totally right. Dua Lipa is probably in every popular pre-packaged playlist there is. Does it mean the passive music listener doing zumba or vibing to some tunes before a night out is going to go see her in concert? Or at a festival? Probably not.

Then again, ticket sales probably mean fuck all as well because who are they selling the tickets to? People who would go to Glastonbury?

Maybe we're all just wasting our time and we should just wait and see who plays lmao

/Forum

5 hours ago, jparx said:

Unbelievable if that Cinnamon story is true. The bollocks to turn down Glastonbury because he didn’t get a sub slot! Nothing wrong with ambition, but really mate?

This happens with lots of festivals. Worse over here because agents hold promoters at gunpoint with a slew of other acts from their roster if you want artist X. Youll have to sign artists a,b,c,d and e also or no deal. Thats where it can be difficult for Glasto because of reduced fees.

Scenes when gezza drops the opening chord to Belter in his headline slot.

I spent an hour watching GC live clips whilst fucked off truffles in dam a couple of years ago, kinda fascinated by the whole thing to be honest. People fucking love it. Different from the rest.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Daniel Bedingfield?

Just Facebook/YouTube videos. Not seen them for ages but that's besides the point. A family with nan and they do ganes.

48 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Scenes when gezza drops the opening chord to Belter in his headline slot.

I spent an hour watching GC live clips whilst fucked off truffles in dam a couple of years ago, kinda fascinated by the whole thing to be honest. People fucking love it. Different from the rest.

Lol. Where we're going is decent but Belter is nothing special.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Daniel Bedingfield?

Dua Lipa has yet to sell out standing for Newcastle, Birmingham, Nottingham and Newcastle plus loads of seats left. People have been back at work a while now etc.

There is either a huge case of her crowd being under an age where parents are needed to attend which I don't believe, I  some cases it'll be true but she's not alone there. Or she's not as big as all the media would lead you to believe. I was liked her a lot at career start but haven't seen her as more than a strong sub yet. Tbh if Manchester and London is all you can sell instantly in arenas then I'd question strong.  Sub is just fine.

On another thing, Fatboy Slim has sold out the expected Brighton and Bournemouth Arena shows but also Wembley, Nottingham and Liverpool standing. Any idea that he can't be booked for Other stage still as a one off is gone. That is bigger than JP.

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

She's nailed on then. Germany on Tuesday then a big gap until Ireland on the Sunday/ 

I think she’d be nailed on if she was in Ireland on Friday and her next shows being UK. Being in Europe and then Ireland on Sunday makes it possible but far from probable. A European festival show could still kill hopes off.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I think she’d be nailed on if she was in Ireland on Friday and her next shows being UK. Being in Europe and then Ireland on Sunday makes it possible but far from probable. A European festival show could still kill hopes off.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/st-vincent-announces-2022-uk-and-european-tour-i-want-people-to-be-like-what-the-hell-just-happened-to-me-2986979

She says she doesn't know if she's playing, ask her booking agent!

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You'll be telling me we're not winning 5-0 tonight next 😄 

• Like 1