Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Welp the NIN dream of next year might be over already as this is saying they’re a European exclusive for Hellfest, although not sure where they’ve got that info from:

Wtf drugs is Trent taking at the moment he’s becoming very annoying. One off show in Europe being hell fest? What’s the point.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Genuine question - will “European exclusive” include the UK moving forward? Would the contracts define Europe as a geographical term or political one? I reckon we could see some of these exclusives pop up over here in the future.

Not every European country is in the EU though. We are still in the continent.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not every European country is in the EU though. We are still in the continent.

That was my point - would it be defined by geography (continent) or politics (EU). Or a mix of both depending on the act/festival/whatevs

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Wtf drugs is Trent taking at the moment he’s becoming very annoying. One off show in Europe being hell fest? What’s the point.

I dont think its going to keep them from putting a tour together around this if the exclusive thing is true. Unless theyre being guaranteed a mountain of money that justifies the one off theres no reason to just come over for that. I mean they got offered to curate their stage which Im sure Primavera was in no position to even meet as part of a deal. The other thing is that Trent is pretty good about saying things in regards to other shows. For the U.S fall dates the announcement was carefully worded when it came to their solo shows as ''only headlining shows of 2021''. That never meant they werent going to perform at festivals which is what came about in the following weeks. And yeah, you can still argue Brexit is a thing here. For now I say theyre in play til theres conflicting dates. Worst case I hope I can see them while Im over there and at least itll be difficult for them to be in the uk during Glasto anyway.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

E4EcjPBX0AErLgN?format=jpg&name=medium

Emmylou Harris at Glastonbury could happen next year.

That's a good lineup. The dream is Download to book Social Distortion as Friday night Avalanche headliner. Scrab that, they already have The Ghost Inside so not sure where they would fit.

Edited by thewayiam

16 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Stadium size act playing in Sunderland on the 19th June 

Obviously it could be a lot of people, but I do know Bruce was being eyed up to play Anfield and other similar places in 2020 so I wonder if this could be him considering he’s planning on touring next year.

edit: actually scratch that, seems like it’s Elton judging by the logo on the pitch 

Edited by FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Obviously it could be a lot of people, but I do know Bruce was being eyed up to play Anfield and other similar places in 2020 so I wonder if this could be him considering he’s planning on touring next year.

edit: actually scratch that, seems like it’s Elton judging by the logo on the pitch 

Posted a few pages back that Elton had an announcement coming this week…

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yea I totally missed the logo , seems odd with his arena tour to play a venue as big as Sunderland