Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2022

kingcrawler

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

DBCCD1D5-22B3-4DA1-AF4E-71CD2315D69C.jpeg

Kinell. Fast becoming the morrissey of Oasis.

Why is it that manchester bands torn asunder by a close creative rivalry must also have one of the fellas go fash.

Liam and Marr should bin off any efforts to reform ever again and just get an anti-gammon supergroup together. They can call it Wokeasis or Them/They Smiths.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's got an album out today. A few rants in the press, few controversial comments, get his name out in the headlines, job done.

He's been doing this since Morning Glory.

Exactly it hasn’t stopped him being booked before and I think the eavi just brush past it because they would rather be on the good side of Liam and Noel if an Oasis reunion does happen.

I do find it interesting that the festival has been so generous to both of them when they have slagged the festival off before. It has to be something to do with an oasis reunion surely. 

I know water is wet but allow it, they know that an Oasis booking would go down incredibly well with their attendees so it sounds like to me they want to always keep that door open.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I do find it interesting that the festival has been so generous to both of them when they have slagged the festival off before. It has to be something to do with an oasis reunion surely. 

It's because they're both massive names, hugely popular and draw massive crowds.

I was at their last headline set in 2004 where Liam stomped around slagging the place off and said on stage he was only there for the money. Liam's stance has definitely softened since, he's played a few times in the last few year (2 solo, one Beady Eye and a Pilton Party) and seems on very good terms with the festival these days.

Apparently Noel is there every year lording it up as the "elder statesman" of rock.

They're both (Noel especially) blowhards these days, and I think most people take their rants with a lorryful of salt.

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's because they're both massive names, hugely popular and draw massive crowds.

I was at their last headline set in 2004 where Liam stomped around slagging the place off and said on stage he was only there for the money. Liam's stance has definitely softened since, he's played a few times in the last few year (2 solo, one Beady Eye and a Pilton Party) and seems on very good terms with the festival these days.

Apparently Noel is there every year lording it up as the "elder statesman" of rock.

They're both (Noel especially) blowhards these days, and I think most people take their rants with a lorryful of salt.

Well yes but I do think there is an element of relationship building too as they want to be on the list when Oasis do shows again. Heritage acts are dwindling and I don’t think the festival is in the right place to get selective on whether they can play due to some questionable opinions and statements.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well yes but I do think there is an element of relationship building too as they want to be on the list when Oasis do shows again. Heritage acts are dwindling and I don’t think the festival is in the right place to get selective on whether they can play due to some questionable opinions and statements.

It works both ways. Noel and Liam are savvy enough to know that when it does happen (and it will) a Glastonbury headline set will be massive in terms of story. It will be part of their comeback I’m certain, probably not in the first year - I’d imagine them doing something not dissimilar to when the Roses first came back. A small number of massively lucrative outdoor gigs, probably Heaton Park to whet appetites before hitting a few stadia and festivals the following year.

There does seem a huge difference between Morrissey and Noel. Noel is a total gimmick and he's always looking for a reaction. Doesn't excuse what he's saying, but yeah a huge pinch of salt is required. He's still an asshole, but I don't think he's a danger to anyone or anything, and he'll continue to pump out records and be booked for big shows.

2 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Kinell. Fast becoming the morrissey of Oasis.

Why is it that manchester bands torn asunder by a close creative rivalry must also have one of the fellas go fash.

Liam and Marr should bin off any efforts to reform ever again and just get an anti-gammon supergroup together. They can call it Wokeasis or Them/They Smiths.

Get Reni and Mani in too. That would be a band I'd see.

I think what disappoints me most about this is Noel resorting to tired alt.right cliches. At the very least you could count on him to be a bit original with his insults.

• Upvote 1

Tucked away in that interview underneath all his gammony nonsense Noel mentions wanting to do an Oasis-song heavy solo to tour with an orchestra. That's probably Macca sub material. 

NME link to the story:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/noel-gallagher-reveals-plans-for-solo-tour-of-oasis-tracks-2966987?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=noel-gallagher-reveals-plans-for-solo-tour-of-oasis-tracks&amp&__twitter_impression=true

16 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Mad Cool plays some sort of "Wheel of Fortune" where one letter per day gets unlocked (the one with the most likes on Instagram).

Looks like there's no Taylor on there, they had her booked for 2020...

E3n79qMXoAAEaUi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Tbh I wasn’t expecting Taylor on this lineup either way. Feels like whatever she does next year will look quite different to 2020. Also, if she is there she might be held off this poster until her own dates are announced.

Anyway, not sure I can work out any of those names?! Love the gimmick though

edit - yeah I reckon three headliners are being held off this for the last three days. Curious if one of the non T names there are Billie.

further edit: Lorde could be the very last name.

Edited by jparx

I think Taylor Swift will announce all her dates at once like she did before, so I didn’t expect her on this lineup yet anyway. I normally don’t use this logic but it looks like they’ve only got three headliners on one day and two on the others. I think this year they said they’d have three each day so very possible that they still have headliners to announce. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Taylor Swift will announce all her dates at once like she did before, so I didn’t expect her on this lineup yet anyway. I normally don’t use this logic but it looks like they’ve only got three headliners on one day and two on the others. I think this year they said they’d have three each day so very possible that they still have headliners to announce. 

Yeah I think those symbols are meant to be asterisks, so it’ll probably be clear when the letters are revealed that there are three left.

Taylor was on a day with two headliners last time - not sure if that would indicate she won’t be a missing headliner or not? RHCP could be there as well as a missing one 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Probably more likely for their own dates but get Nine Inch Nails in for one of the replacement Other headliners.

Yeah I’ve completely given up what little hope I had of them being at Glastonbury, but just any U.K. date will do at this point!

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

E3n7DvgWYAUIXRV?format=jpg&name=medium

Leak. Big if true.

Massive set of headliners.

Would GnR do back to back dates? Not too much of a trek from France. Eyeing them up as my personal hope for a Macca replacement if he’s out.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I’ve completely given up what little hope I had of them being at Glastonbury, but just any U.K. date will do at this point!

What with us hearing they wanted Nine Inch Nails to headline All Points East in 2020, that seems like a lock. Unless Trent agrees to sub Biffy at Download for old times' sake.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Massive set of headliners.

Would GnR do back to back dates? Not too much of a trek from France. Eyeing them up as my personal hope for a Macca replacement if he’s out.

It'd have to be a replacement and a shuffle, with them headlning Hellfest on the Samedi.

Seems like they've done b2b dates in the States but not in Europe.