Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Just now, Johndenis said:

@kingcrawler@matt42 I saw them in 2017 too, I was in bits after a very busy and eventful Friday night.  The crowd was really small, surprisingly so.  Think they were up against Foo Fighters but you wouldn't expect a huge amount of crossover.  London Grammar and then Metronomy filled the tent the night after, each had at least double the crowd.  Think Phoenix's placing as a "headliner" on the Primavera poster is due to Yeah Yeah Yeahs previously being promoted to "headliner" to pad out that particular day's line up.  Meaning Phoenix couldn't then be added without being a "headliner" too.

Think they were against Sheeran, I wanted to see them but Mrs J put her foot down for Earnest Ed.

On 6/6/2021 at 11:31 AM, Mouseboy11 said:

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Frank Ocean live from people who’ve actually managed to see him for what it’s worth. Not sure he’s really worth all the hype he generates

Saw him at Lovebox and I thought it was absolutely fantastic. But I was also absolutely not sober and with a girl I'd just started seeing, so it was big hazy beautiful Summer evening vibes.

I can see why he didn't go down well with everyone, and I struggle to see him at Glasto. He'd be a dream Pyramid sub, but not a great Glasto headliner IMO - unless he played more old stuff, brought guests out etc. But that aint really Franks style I guess.  

(I'd give a kidney to see him do Nostalgia, Ultra in full one day but it will never happen).

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Didn’t they headline Coachella the same year?

6 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think that was a few years before, and I'm pretty sure they were stepping in for someone. 

Phoenix headlined Coachella in 2013 and did John Peel the same year. And the 2017 set is the forgotten one cause it was Sunday.

Edited by Suprefan

13 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Phoenix headlined Coachella in 2013 and did John Peel the same year. And the 2017 set is the forgotten one cause it was Sunday.

2017 was deffo the Saturday as I was at that set rather than Foos and was at Justice rather than Ed on the Sunday.

On 5/25/2021 at 10:46 AM, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Nick Cave added a show in Cologne on Monday after Glasto. So, currently scheduled to play on Glasto-Thursday in Prague and free on the three main nights.

Maybe the replacement on Saturday for Noel as Pyramid Sub?

Now a show in Belgium was added on Saturday, so most probably no Nick Cave at Glast. 

This schedule is a bit tight for Brian Wilson to play... right?

June 21, 2022 — Bradford, England - St. George's Hall
June 23, 2022 — Brighton, England - Brighton Dome
June 24, 2022 — London, England - Royal Albert Hall
June 25, 2022 — Cambridge, England - Cambridge Corn Exchange
June 27, 2022 — Glasgow, Scotland - SEC Armadillo
June 30, 2022 — Nottingham, England - (Royal Concert Hall

8 minutes ago, UEF said:

Yep and he cant even sing anymore.

3 hours ago, UEF said:

Five nights in a row seems ambitious.

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Last year's cancelled one had Paul McCartney with the killers SUPPORTING him  

Yeah, McCartney was planned to play for 2,5h with The Killers playing a 1h warming-up for him. 

Just goes to show just how popular Nick Cave is in Belgium. I do think he's a big contender for BST Hyde Park now. 

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Just goes to show just how popular Nick Cave is in Belgium. I do think he's a big contender for BST Hyde Park now. 

He may be big in Belgium but he struggled to sell tickets for the now-cancelled UK arena tour

Edited by henry bear

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, McCartney was planned to play for 2,5h with The Killers playing a 1h warming-up for him. 

Get Editors below him and watch the tickets fly!