Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

But what are the petrol/accomodation costs?

I'd look into it as taking time to explore an area I'd not visited before coming home so it becomes an overnight trip. But Scarborough I'm busy already and lytham hall I need holiday for I'm just not going to try and get. In London I'd take the next day off and train it for convenience.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I literally know nothing about this girl. What sort of slots are we talking about now if she plays?

Thought young female pop star would be up your street? 

I know her agent so will put the feelers out.

Guessing she would be mid-afternoon Pyramid or 3rd Other. 

26 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Thought young female pop star would be up your street? 

I know her agent so will put the feelers out.

Guessing she would be mid-afternoon Pyramid or 3rd Other. 

Er no. Some users on these forums can’t tell the difference but radio 1 filler music isn’t it.

I file her under the Emiliee Sande, Rag N Bone man, Clean Bandit style of filler pop.

People who release music while we are all waiting for the next Billie, Lorde, Taylor, Gaga, Dua, Ariana, Adele etc album.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I literally know nothing about this girl. What sort of slots are we talking about now if she plays?

Well she was on the Pyramid in 2019 mid afternoon. So a few spots up on the Pyramid or Other. She got her start from being in Rudimentals touring band in 2012 and then went  proper solo a few years later.

Edited by Suprefan

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Er no. Some users on these forums can’t tell the difference but radio 1 filler music isn’t it.

I file her under the Emiliee Sande, Rag N Bone man, Clean Bandit style of filler pop.

People who release music while we are all waiting for the next Billie, Lorde, Taylor, Gaga, Dua, Ariana, Adele etc album.

Lmfao, Billie and Ariana (especially Ariana) are not in the same league as the others

On 6/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I don’t see Frank returning to the Coachella lineup. He always seemed like a wild card booking to begin with but what with the death of his brother and now seemingly his album being delayed he seems less likely than ever.

That said, I suppose he was booked for Coachella for a reason and maybe he’s put his touring habits of old behind him, so who knows? I’d love to see him announced again if only to indicate that something is on the horizon. 

edit: reckon Rage and Travis will be back though

@jparx

Someone on the coachella boards has now said the top line of the bill is intact. Not sure of the validity of this because that would mean Thom Yorke is coming back? Unless they mean the Smile?

IF and I mean IF coachella has gone for a very close 2020 rebook thats extremely exciting as it means Lana is doing festivals in 2022.

Yes Frank is impossible to secure for other festivals but I think Coachella give him the cash he wants.

8045ED60-40C2-45F7-A3F0-E2BB095DB910.jpeg

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@jparx

Someone on the coachella boards has now said the top line of the bill is intact. Not sure of the validity of this because that would mean Thom Yorke is coming back? Unless they mean the Smile?

IF and I mean IF coachella has gone for a very close 2020 rebook thats extremely exciting as it means Lana is doing festivals in 2022.

Yes Frank is impossible to secure for other festivals but I think Coachella give him the cash he wants.

8045ED60-40C2-45F7-A3F0-E2BB095DB910.jpeg

Would the top line not just be the three headliners? 

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Would the top line not just be the three headliners? 

Could be. Bit of an ambiguous comment though. Coachella’s poster usually has a top line (the strip of bolded artists) that agents seem to fight hard for a place!

Looking at the 2020 top line the only one I can't see being rebooked is Thom, but that could easily just be the smile.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Frank Ocean live from people who’ve actually managed to see him for what it’s worth. Not sure he’s really worth all the hype he generates

Yeah his last tour got very mixed reviews, but then he was touring a very downbeat album that really didn’t lend itself to the major festival headline slots he was doing and seems like doing his own shows would’ve been the right road to take, and also barely played anything from his previous more upbeat album(s). No idea what his new material will sound like, but maybe it’ll be better suited for this kind of thing. 

12 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Frank Ocean live from people who’ve actually managed to see him for what it’s worth. Not sure he’s really worth all the hype he generates

Tbh I love his music but I imagine you're right. He released two very fashionable albums and the mystique around him will mean he will remain a ticket seller and a strong hype act. Bad live performances won't change anything.