Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2022

kingcrawler

3 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Matt wants pop artists and new til tok music only. I swear it was only a few weeks back that Matt was saying Green Day could headline in the future.

Never did. Evidence please.

Isn’t the story that RHCP dropped out very, very late on in the mid 90s when they were booked as headliners, meaning Kravitz was bumped up to headliner. 

Pretty sure the excuse was that Flea was burnt out, but the rumour was that Kiedis had relapsed. They basically dropped Glastonbury in it at the last minute and I don’t think the festival has any appetite to reach out to a band that did that. 

Pretty sure Eavis himself said they’re not welcome back. So, unless they offer to play for free I don’t think it’s ever happening. 

Just now, zeppelin said:

I do hope people are checking the validity of my quote before I get poor Matt in trouble. 

I did, although tbf I was actually more surprised that it wasn’t something he’d said a couple of weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt87 said:

Isn’t the story that RHCP dropped out very, very late on in the mid 90s when they were booked as headliners, meaning Kravitz was bumped up to headliner. 

Pretty sure the excuse was that Flea was burnt out, but the rumour was that Kiedis had relapsed. They basically dropped Glastonbury in it at the last minute and I don’t think the festival has any appetite to reach out to a band that did that. 

Pretty sure Eavis himself said they’re not welcome back. So, unless they offer to play for free I don’t think it’s ever happening. 

They reportedly did offer to play for free, when Kylie dropped out in 2005, and were told no.

Though I have no idea if that's because there's still bad feelings, or if it's just quality control.

14 minutes ago, incident said:

They reportedly did offer to play for free, when Kylie dropped out in 2005, and were told no.

Though I have no idea if that's because there's still bad feelings, or if it's just quality control.

Thats certainly bad feelings in 2005 if true.

Just now, Freddyflintstonree said:

I heard somewhere they weren't doing it this year, but that might've just seen the fact they are in the states. I would love it if they were. 

Pretty sure somebody asked them on Twitter and they said they aren’t playing. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure somebody asked them on Twitter and they said they aren’t playing. 

Yeah I didn’t think they were around until I checked earlier and saw that gap. I remember seeing them in the Futures Stage at T in the Park in 2013 and have loved them ever since.

Just now, compactdisc said:

They seem to have a good relationship with the festival - secret set in 2019 and billed as Special Guests this year on the updated poster.

Ah interesting, impressive lineup regardless honestly at that size with those headliners and still another one to come! Wish them the best, crazy its not sold out honestly

2 months today we'll be pitching our tents on the farm !!

More on the topic, thoughts on MIKA showing up? Playing a roundhouse show the weekend after and on the mainland week before/week after that

7 hours ago, gfa said:

2 months today we'll be pitching our tents on the farm !!

More on the topic, thoughts on MIKA showing up? Playing a roundhouse show the weekend after and on the mainland week before/week after that

Would have guessed he would be on Avalon if he was there but I guess it's possible