Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Funny thing is that given the recent surge in nostalgia for all things 90’s they’ll probably sell Wembley very well.

Last time they did Hyde Park in 2015 they were literally giving tickets away.

It is quite mad to think that back then Hyde Park gigs were literally throwing tickets away for so many acts, Blur, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, not sure if The Who were giving them away as well. 

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

It is quite mad to think that back then Hyde Park gigs were literally throwing tickets away for so many acts, Blur, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, not sure if The Who were giving them away as well. 

2015 was the year of “charity tickets” where you paid a nominal donation (think it was £2.50 a ticket) and you got a free ticket.

Ended up seeing Blur and The Strokes that year, they had them for The Who but they were on GF weekend.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

2015 was the year of “charity tickets” where you paid a nominal donation (think it was £2.50 a ticket) and you got a free ticket.

Ended up seeing Blur and The Strokes that year, they had them for The Who but they were on GF weekend.

Yeah I remember them. 

BST must be feeling quite chuffed with themselves now that they get a lot of sell out acts now.

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yeah I remember them. 

BST must be feeling quite chuffed with themselves now that they get a lot of sell out acts now.

I think cheap tickets did more harm than good in the end. Just look at APE, nothing sells quickly as everyone holds out for the cheap ones.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I think cheap tickets did more harm than good in the end. Just look at APE, nothing sells quickly as everyone holds out for the cheap ones.

Definitely, I've been burnt by APE cheap tickets. I don't think I'd buy a full price ticket for APE anymore unless it was someone I HAD to see.

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Definitely, I've been burnt by APE cheap tickets. I don't think I'd buy a full price ticket for APE anymore unless it was someone I HAD to see.

They didn't do any this year (although there were a few competitions), makes you wonder if they've decided not to do them anymore to try and drive sales.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

They didn't do any this year (although there were a few competitions), makes you wonder if they've decided not to do them anymore to try and drive sales.

Those competitions appeared to be of the "everyone wins" variety. So maybe just a less blatant way of going about the same thing.

47 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I would if it was obviously going to sell out like that Strokes day or if it was tiers e.g. field day

I wonder if all the days move to tiers or something next year

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Nope, me and my mate entered a few and never got anywhere 

Not this year but in 2018/2019 they were

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

I suspect that acts capable of selling huge venues are announcing tours for 2023 whilst people can still afford silly money for tickets.

It might be different next year once the cost of living crisis really hits peoples pockets.

Ding ding ding. Thus why even the extreme has happened over here with a festival announcing its lineup for the following year before the first one happened. And tons of big tours with dates st least 8 months away put on sale within the last week.

I suspect that acts capable of selling huge venues are announcing tours for 2023 whilst people can still afford silly money for tickets.

It might be different next year once the cost of living crisis really hits peoples pockets.

Yep. The resale market is gonna explode next summer. Even Harry Styles tickets might end up going cheap. 

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

To be fair October/November is often when the big stadium or park gigs for the following summer go on sale.

I don’t think there’s too much difference to a normal year here.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

To be fair October/November is often when the big stadium or park gigs for the following summer go on sale.

I don’t think there’s too much difference to a normal year here.

Yes, I know that, but I detect a bit more of a money grab this year. Springsteen's were on sale in July and, as we know, went for silly money. Taylor Swift was expected to play Glasto on her next tour, but looks like doing a stadium tour this time. Once people start making financial sacrifices and these acts know that they'll not be selling out multiple stadiums at £100+ a ticket perhaps they'll then turn to festivals.

Edited by henry bear

Yes, I know that, but I detect a bit more of a money grab this year. Springsteen's were on sale in July and, as we know, went for silly money. Taylor Swift was expected to play Glasto on her next tour, but looks like doing a stadium tour this time. Once people start making financial sacrifices and these acts know that they'll not be selling out multiple stadiums at £100+ a ticket perhaps they'll then turn to festivals.

Not sure - Springsteens tour was originally scheduled for this year, but got pushed back due to uncertainty over continuing restrictions in some of the countries they'll hit. So it being announced in July doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

Adding Golden Circle and Dynamic Pricing into the mix certainly does seem like a money grab - but those things have been gradually creeping in for a while now.

19 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yep. The resale market is gonna explode next summer. Even Harry Styles tickets might end up going cheap. 

arguably been seeing this already, with how LG at Knebworth, killers and probs much more went on twickets

along with £1 tickets for like coldplay and ed sheeran etc