Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

On 2/15/2022 at 5:31 PM, endswithMJ said:

I don’t have any information about glasto in relation to the tour that’s announcing next week. The dates would point to it but others have ruled them out. 

all I’m saying is people will enjoy the band. 

I notice Gruff Rhys dates end in April. Possibility of Super Furry Animals? 

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

I notice Gruff Rhys dates end in April. Possibility of Super Furry Animals? 

Given that they haven’t played since 2016, and they’d only have 2 months to put together a show, get all their gear/props/costumes etc out of storage, I doubt it very much. More than happy to be proved wrong though.

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Given that they haven’t played since 2016, and they’d only have 2 months to put together a show, get all their gear/props/costumes etc out of storage, I doubt it very much. More than happy to be proved wrong though.

As much as anything I just fear we have some potential line up info here and the forum isn't going mad with speculation.

Is it Daft Punk? 

I think the IOW lineup is fine for the target audience - which for the most part isn't the people on here. It'll sell tickets to day trippers and families which is what they want.

If they were targetting the Glastonbury crowd, then they wouldn't hold it the weekend before.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I think the IOW lineup is fine for the target audience - which for the most part isn't the people on here. It'll sell tickets to day trippers and families which is what they want.

If they were targetting the Glastonbury crowd, then they wouldn't hold it the weekend before.

Agreed - their second stage is pretty strong and the main stage has some big acts in low slots (Blossoms and Nile Rodgers third down who can headline similar size events). I really enjoyed the vibe of IOW, incredibly friendly and only have heard good things from others I know that have been.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:40 PM, endswithMJ said:

A very nice run of shows being announced next week by a band which I think a lot of people on here will enjoy, 

dates point to glasto but not sure. 

1159719955_Capturedecran2022-02-18a01_19_44.png.24f186f4b77ae66c20d1fd1f70a7fc87.png

Seen this on Reddit, apparently this was quickly taken down from their Facebook. Some US dates leaked with a general sale on Feb 25th. 

They might do the US May/Early June, then EU/UK from June/July onwards?

Edited by VCF

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Have they headlined the other stage before? That was part of the info I think, which is why some people were ruling the act out of doing Glasto, as all the other headline slots are probably taken.

They subbed it in 2003 but haven’t headlined, no. Doubt they’ll be rebooked for this year anyway as I can’t really see where they’d fit in. 

8 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Have they headlined the other stage before? That was part of the info I think, which is why some people were ruling the act out of doing Glasto, as all the other headline slots are probably taken.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They subbed it in 2003 but haven’t headlined, no. Doubt they’ll be rebooked for this year anyway as I can’t really see where they’d fit in. 

They headlined JP last so 0 chance they will headline other.