Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Just now, chazwwe said:

I can't see them headlining any stage, unless maybe The Park? 

Just based that off the stage predictions thread really, seems people are fairly split between subbing/headlining a smaller stage

2 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Imageapologies if this had already been posted. Would love to see turnstile at glasto. AOTY last year. 

Yeah they're high on a lot of people's wishlist I think. Unfortunately they're busy on the Thursday, Friday and then one of the Saturday/Sunday so it's looking kinda unlikely 

Just now, Jacksamthompson said:

apologies if this had already been posted. Would love to see turnstile at glasto. AOTY last year. 

I'm really hoping they show up, but they're pretty busy the weekend of Glastonbury, Manchester festival that weekend and a festival in the Netherlands, but I'm not sure what days they're playing. (both 3 day festivals)

39 minutes ago, nikkic said:

They’re decent live yeah, what’s baffling to me is that they seem to be on the way up.

I thought that 2017 performance would be their peak.

Yeah agreed tbh about being surprised that they're on their way up. Heat waves is such a meh song, it's wild that it might go #1 in America in a number of weeks. Ive met the band and they're lovely people tho so I'm happy for them. But it is so odd. Wonder if heat waves is going to be a one hit wonder situation tho

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m ngl Kendrick is really really running out of places to play now

He still has les ardentes and the last opener spot. Also longitude? Where else was he listed before that could still have him this year?

Also where was he listed before that he's now been ruled out of, officially?

Edited by shivroy

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Expecting someone like ASAP or J Cole to be the Opener headliner tbh 

I'm still expecting Florence to be the opener headliner bc of how huge she is in Poland and bc of the opener booker saying the lineup would be very different than the 2020 lineup... but I know no one wants to get into that convo again lol

1 minute ago, shivroy said:

He still has les ardentes and the last opener spot. Also longitude? Where else was he listed before and isn't listed now?

Roskilde, whose organiser said they couldn’t get him back for 2022.

Lollapalooza Stockholm, who have booked Imagine Dragons instead.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Roskilde, whose organiser said they couldn’t get him back for 2022.

Lollapalooza Stockholm, who have booked Imagine Dragons instead.

Ah so it's really just longitude, Les ardentes and opener. 

I think it's entirely possible that festivals moved on from him when he said he didn't want to announce anything until mid-feb. It is also possible that other fests that he wasn't listed for before will book him this year. 

I do think that it would be weird for him to come to Europe ONLY for Glastonbury tho. So if every other festival doesn't book him I'll defs be worried 

1 minute ago, shivroy said:

Ah so it's really just longitude, Les ardentes and opener. 

I think it's entirely possible that festivals moved on from him when he said he didn't want to announce anything until mid-feb. It is also possible that other fests that he wasn't listed for before will book him this year. 

I do think that it would be weird for him to come to Europe ONLY for Glastonbury tho. So if every other festival doesn't book him I'll defs be worried 

There’s another one called Openair Frauenfeld by the looks of it. Though I’ve never heard of it in my life.

3 hours ago, StevieGed said:

The teenager in me would love a 50 Cent greatest hits sets if it was on the table. Can imagine he isn't cheap and not sure where he would even play/if he aligns with the festival at all in terms of music, background etc. 

In Da Club, If I Can't and Hate it or Love it, though. 

Despite the fact I’m 30 and have been going to Parklife on/off since the first one vowing to never go again each time I’ll probably be going for a day this year for same reason.

Love 50 he’s got hit after hit. It’s hard to describe to people who weren’t around at the time how massive his first album was especially In Da Club. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Festivals still booking da baby?

Rolling Loud seem to be insisting on it by the looks of things, even though he got bottled at the California one in December. They are also the promoter for his recently cancelled US Tour. Seems to be a few other festivals and promoters booking him. Fuck knows how his agent is managing that.

31 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Despite the fact I’m 30 and have been going to Parklife on/off since the first one vowing to never go again each time I’ll probably be going for a day this year for same reason.

Love 50 he’s got hit after hit. It’s hard to describe to people who weren’t around at the time how massive his first album was especially In Da Club. 

Holy shit that’s 19 years old!!

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

[redacted] and [redacted]

Skrillex, Willow Smith & Mura Masa by any chance, or is she sitting on another big one? This is sounding promising anyway: https://www.instagram.com/skrillex/tv/CZIQoVhpPtL/?utm_medium=copy_link 

Very buzzing to hear the Anz tune on Friday

Edited by Col!n
typo

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I feel like I'm getting slightly too old for Parklife myself as it's very student orientated these days, but it's not often 50 Cent is on down the road these days. I caught a brief set of his when he came out at Twickenham with Eminem several years ago but never quite got to see him on his own terms. 

I remember being infatuated during his come up as a kid, from the first Get Rich album through to Curtis which is when he seemed to wain in popularity due to going head to head with Kanye and Graduation at the time. Even the Playstation 2 game Blood on the Sand! Also goes under the radar the role he seemed to play in The Game's first album The Documentary which is a flawless rap album for me. 

Hopefully he plays the hits.