Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If they’re announced I’m gonna study their setlists like a hawk in case they pull some shit like play Mmbop fourth. Couldn’t give a shit about the rest but seeing that song live would be very fun.

Randomly saw it (the song) at Disney World when they played! 

Looking at their recent setlists they actually do play it at a really weird time like five songs from the end, and a little while before that they weren’t playing it at all. Gonna assume they wouldn’t do something that dumb at a festival set, but would be pretty funny to see the sea of disappointed faces as they walk off stage without playing it. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Looking at their recent setlists they actually do play it at a really weird time like five songs from the end, and a little while before that they weren’t playing it at all. Gonna assume they wouldn’t do something that dumb at a festival set, but would be pretty funny to see the sea of disappointed faces as they walk off stage without playing it. 

My mate once went to see Toploader play at some beer festival or something in a gazebo at Nottingham racecouse and, apparently, they played Dancing in the Moonlight first then attempted to play something else - fuck knows what - only to be drowned out by a chorus of booos and shouts of 'play it again!'. Supposedly they gave up and played Dancing in the Moonlight like another six times before walking off. 

44 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

My mate once went to see Toploader play at some beer festival or something in a gazebo at Nottingham racecouse and, apparently, they played Dancing in the Moonlight first then attempted to play something else - fuck knows what - only to be drowned out by a chorus of booos and shouts of 'play it again!'. Supposedly they gave up and played Dancing in the Moonlight like another six times before walking off. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

I recall Chesney Hawkes playing a cheesy club night at my students union. He walked on stage and said "I'd like to play a song from my new alb..." only be greeted by a tidal wave of boos, plastic pint pots and shouts of "PLAY THE FUCKING SONG!!!"

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ah, cool. Bound to be some clues in there for G, then. Did that Macca Werchter date ever transpire? 

It wasn’t for Macca it was for Bruce Springsteen. Ken said there must have been some confusion. 

However bruce isn’t touring so if Macca is available it could be him after all 😂 or the stones. 

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It wasn’t for Macca it was for Bruce Springsteen. Ken said there must have been some confusion. 

However bruce isn’t touring so if Macca is available it could be him after all 😂 or the stones. 

Interesting. Let's hope for a week of announcements, developments, clues and speculation

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting. Let's hope for a week of announcements, developments, clues and speculation

Eyes on the governors ball too in June dropping soon. Not making the same mistake again and expecting a different result - but I wonder if Kendrick could be at this?

Edited by Matt42