Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2022

kingcrawler

35 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I noticed that La Magnifique Society, which runs on the same weekend as Glastonbury, has some day splits up. They have Herbie Hancock and Courtney Barnett on the Friday and Little Simz on the Sunday, all of whom have been suggested for Glastonbury on here. 

Herbie being nearby makes me so happy. One true bucket list name to tick off for me. Looks like we're on!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably missed it said but Dua Lipa is now only free Friday of this years meaning a run of 4 dates and from Finland to Glastonbury to Denmark. 

So she would be a sub to Billie now and nothing else as naturally she would play against her. 

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Probably missed it said but Dua Lipa is now only free Friday of this years meaning a run of 4 dates and from Finland to Glastonbury to Denmark. 

So she would be a sub to Billie now and nothing else as naturally she would play against her. 

She’s not playing Roskilde on Glasto weekend but a few days after (Thursday following iirc). Available on Saturday.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

She’s not playing Roskilde on Glasto weekend but a few days after (Thursday following iirc). Available on Saturday.

Oh yes, I forgot she's playing the following week. Yeah that's the one I put down as a stretch.

55 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I dont remember seeing anything similar to this...

Likewise, I don’t remember seeing any information about her playing this year. Someone posted recently that there was information a while ago, I think from the ever reliable@endswithMJ, that she was lined up to headline the Pyramid in 2021. I’m not expecting her to play this year given her other tour dates and given she seems to be headlining everywhere she plays but it would be strange to agree to headline the Other stage after previously being lined up for the Pyramid.

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Likewise, I don’t remember seeing any information about her playing this year. Someone posted recently that there was information a while ago, I think from the ever reliable@endswithMJ, that she was lined up to headline the Pyramid in 2021. I’m not expecting her to play this year given her other tour dates and given she seems to be headlining everywhere she plays but it would be strange to agree to headline the Other stage after previously being lined up for the Pyramid.

She has tour dates around Glastonbury - it would be bizarre if she wasn’t back when her tour dates look like she is playing. The festivals she is headlining aren’t at the same size of Glastonbury anyway. Finally, being absent from R&L makes me pretty confident she is at Glastonbury. 

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She has tour dates around Glastonbury - it would be bizarre if she wasn’t back when her tour dates look like she is playing. The festivals she is headlining aren’t at the same size of Glastonbury anyway. Finally, being absent from R&L makes me pretty confident she is at Glastonbury. 

Again she is a fan of the fest so will likely be there as a punter anyway even if she is not performing (like she did in 2019)

12 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Personally I reckon she was possibly lined up with the idea she would have had more of an impact between that time and currently. Sales wise would suggest she needs more happening. She looks like she's forgotten about the music and just let social media and influencing rubbish take over.

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Her tour dates don't look like it though, Glastonbury is very strangely placed for where she's going to and from that period.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Her tour dates don't look like it though, Glastonbury is very strangely placed for where she's going to and from that period.

How? She’s doing European festivals at the time and has the Friday and Saturday free. It’s quite common for acts to play consecutive nights in different countries. It might be less common with older/heritage acts but we’ve had plenty of examples of this before.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How? She’s doing European festivals at the time and has the Friday and Saturday free. It’s quite common for acts to play consecutive nights in different countries. It might be less common with older/heritage acts but we’ve had plenty of examples of this before.

Because I'm not sure I see her going from Finland to Glastonbury back to Norway the day after. If she was in France, Germany, Belgium or even Denmark maybe then okay. It's the further Scandinavian country away. She is having a day break in the middle of a lot of her tour dates unless they are same venue or travel is limited.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Because I'm not sure I see her going from Finland to Glastonbury back to Norway the day after. If she was in France, Germany, Belgium or even Denmark maybe then okay. It's the further Scandinavian country away. She is having a day break in the middle of a lot of her tour dates unless they are same venue or travel is limited.

She’s playing in Finland on the Thursday and Norway on the Sunday. That’s not what is happening at all. She has both the Friday and Saturday free.

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She’s playing in Finland on the Thursday and Norway on the Sunday. That’s not what is happening at all. She has both the Friday and Saturday free.

Exactly so if she's is Finland on Thursday and travel to Glastonbury for Saturday then she's got to go to Norway the next day. Hence to the day break I mentioned about so it is what is happening. And to play Glastonbury Saturday would also mean she's having a day break from Finland too.