Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

More so on telly, where people will probably flick it on and realise they’ve got a ridiculous catalog of tunes and they aren’t just an old band for old people that the Big Lebowski hates.

They aren’t “just” that, but they certainly are that…

Forget about the Eagles, this news affects more than them -

Unless Westminster Council relax things for 2022 (certainly possible given the past couple years, but I've not yet seen any sign of it happening), the Hyde Park concerts have now reached one of the event limits set out in their licence (max 7 major shows in any rolling 21 day period) and so while the Saturday at Hyde Park is still technically empty, this rules out a second Elton date being added in that spot.

So as far as I'm concerned, he's very much back in play for Glastonbury.

Years & Years, Olly Alexander will head to UK & Ireland arenas with The Night Call Tour in May/June 2022,

Brighton Centre, 19 May
Bournemouth International Centre, 20
Birmingham Resorts World Arena, 21
London The SSE Arena Wembley, 26
Manchester AO Arena, 28
Dublin The National Museum of Ireland, 24 June
Glasgow Bellahouston Park, 25 (Colourboxx)

12 minutes ago, incident said:

Unless Westminster Council relax things for 2022 (certainly possible given the past couple years, but I've not yet seen any sign of it happening), the Hyde Park concerts have now reached one of the event limits set out in their licence (max 7 major shows in any rolling 21 day period) and so while the Saturday at Hyde Park is still technically empty, this rules out a second Elton date being added in that spot.

2FEFAAF7-8ECB-40BA-8DB9-584347E1363C.gif

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Years & Years, Olly Alexander will head to UK & Ireland arenas with The Night Call Tour in May/June 2022,

Brighton Centre, 19 May
Bournemouth International Centre, 20
Birmingham Resorts World Arena, 21
London The SSE Arena Wembley, 26
Manchester AO Arena, 28
Dublin The National Museum of Ireland, 24 June
Glasgow Bellahouston Park, 25 (Colourboxx)

I think that could be your Other stage Sunday sub. They aren't playing under sub/Pyamid 3rd down with that tour. They've done Pyramid and Other as their last two slots so either or but they've been booked 15, 16 and 19, plus they are also doing a 3 day run at the tours start Brighton to Bournemouth isn't a short distance. The festival have pushed their equalities very much the last few years.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think that could be your Other stage Sunday sub. They aren't playing under sub/Pyamid 3rd down with that tour. They've done Pyramid and Other as their last two slots so either or but they've been booked 15, 16 and 19, plus they are also doing a 3 day run at the tours start Brighton to Bournemouth isn't a short distance. The festival have pushed their equalities very much the last few years.

Hes pretty high profile at the moment, so i would agree that Other Stage sub would be a good spot for them

29 minutes ago, incident said:

Maybe he's playing everything in minor key for that second date? 

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

iDays in Milan is announcing two headliners on Monday. Usually has some pretty strong headliners there, and only one of them should be Springsteen. 👀

I've seen people saying it but is Billie 100% glasto europe exclusive? As iDays had her in 2020 so potentially she's getting reannounced?

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I've seen people saying it but is Billie 100% glasto europe exclusive? As iDays had her in 2020 so potentially she's getting reannounced?

I don’t think she was declared as an exclusive I just think the Rosklide guy said that she’s not there and Glastonbury is the only festival he knows she’s doing.

Glasto didn’t book her as an exclusive but looking at her tour it seems like Glastonbury is the only festival she is doing. The HTE tour isn’t really a festival tour.