Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2022

kingcrawler

27 minutes ago, incident said:

U2 were originally pencilled in to play the 2005 festival. Don't know if it was ever officially contracted, but both sides had agreed it was going to happen and were planning for it until everything changed almost overnight in late 2004. I've gone through what I know a couple times previously so won't post all the details again, but they definitely wouldn't have been playing for free and the reason they didn't play in the end was very much money related - signing a worldwide exclusive deal covering touring, merchandise, and some other things with the company that'd eventually become Live Nation (would've been SFX or CCE at the time).

That exclusive deal would've ruled out them offering to be a late replacement for Kylie, whether for free or not. The eventual tour dates pretty much ruled them out as well - while they didn't have a show on that Sunday, adding Glastonbury would've meant playing 4 nights in a row which they never do.

I don't have it with me but I'm fairly certain in the Glastonbury book Emily says when Bono approached them he offered to play for free and Emily said of course we will pay you. Maybe someone else could check

44 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I don't have it with me but I'm fairly certain in the Glastonbury book Emily says when Bono approached them he offered to play for free and Emily said of course we will pay you. Maybe someone else could check

That may well have happened at some point, but it definitely won't have been referring to replacing Kylie in 2005 and I don't think it would have been part of the earlier discussions they had regarding 2005. It may have been when they came back into the picture for 2010/11, as they seemed very keen by that point.

That line up is great. Florence a great addition as well. The headliners generally don't do much for me, but the 2nd row on each day is excellent.

19 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Phoebe for Park headliner on Friday pls 🙏 

Not sure they'd stick her against Billie? Hoping she's on earlier in the day, because deep down I'm feeling that she's against Macca.

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I wonder where Florence will end up next summer. BST seem to like booking her so maybe there again. 

Surprised she's active next year, thought she was working on a theatre project.

She's a tough one to place without hearing any new music. Last album was very low key and kind of slipped under the radar for many people. If she's back with more bombastic stuff then she'll find herself back at the top of bills.

Based on nothing but a feeling... Latitude.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

That line up is great. Florence a great addition as well. The headliners generally don't do much for me, but the 2nd row on each day is excellent.

Not sure they'd stick her against Billie? Hoping she's on earlier in the day, because deep down I'm feeling that she's against Macca.

Could Phoebe get a mid afternoon slot in the Other Stage? 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surprised she's active next year, thought she was working on a theatre project.

She's a tough one to place without hearing any new music. Last album was very low key and kind of slipped under the radar for many people. If she's back with more bombastic stuff then she'll find herself back at the top of bills.

Based on nothing but a feeling... Latitude.

Damn, that would be a tempting ticket.

6 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Could Phoebe get a mid afternoon slot in the Other Stage? 

Personally I'd be all over it. She could slot in all sorts of places, very hard to see where she ends up. Selfishly I just hope she's not headlining a stage! 

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Personally preferred the 2020 MC lineup with T SWift and Eilish. I guess Billie could still be there on the Thursday, they have defo hinted they have her in the past. Add maybe Springsteen on the sunday and it is an objectively good lineup I guess and great value for money

Been confirmed by another festival guy that Glastonbury is Billies only festival date next year so won’t be her.

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Yungblud would be a really interesting one. Other stage, possibly an outside bet to headline. 

Saw them at Manchester Pride (weird booking) and the set was really good despite me not normally being into punk style stuff.

Doubt he’s quite big enough yet, especially not among the Glastonbury audience.

I keep suggesting he’ll be underbilled as a special guest type booking; a bit like BMTH or Babymetal.