Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, CH0161 said:

Have we already had Nile Rodgers & Chic mentioned? They're in UK on the weekend before and after...

They are doing the Friday and Saturday of big G in halifax, and they are somewhere else on the Sunday, but with potential for Nile to pop up with D Ross. 

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

They are doing the Friday and Saturday of big G in halifax, and they are somewhere else on the Sunday, but with potential for Nile to pop up with D Ross. 

I was thinking it would be a great opportunity for them to feature with Diana Ross. I wish they would do a set themselves, I missed them in 2017 and I'm still not over it!

22 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

They are in Derry on the Sunday I think so I'd be very surprised if they are at Glasto

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We’re these their last dates in Europe? Sounds to me like they are trying to leave Europe earlier.

Hadn’t realised they’d cancelled these. Not that they were ever really likely anyway, but this more or less kills the speculation off entirely. 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hadn’t realised they’d cancelled these. Not that they were ever really likely anyway, but this more or less kills the speculation off entirely. 

Yeah it looks to me like they are trying to reduce the time they spend in Europe, so they should be out of Europe over a week before the festival. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah it looks to me like they are trying to reduce the time they spend in Europe, so they should be out of Europe over a week before the festival. 

Miserably Dressed remains a curious one though… and hopefully won’t end up just being some mediocre DJ or b2b set or something. Hoping it ends up being the alias for a big-ish band for a Truth Stage set. 

On 5/4/2022 at 3:25 PM, squirrelarmy said:

The Strokes are doing a couple of dates in the UK just after with a huge hole in their tour at the end of June. 

2E6E976A-7CF7-4C26-9E29-87D5A82CDE85.thumb.jpeg.2889084994ea7539bd1c58e85178ee80.jpeg 

It is interesting that they haven't yet announced a southern gig, and I'm sure the Lytham gig was billed as " English northern exclusive" or something like that. But would they take Other headliner?

Edited by efcfanwirral

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We’re these their last dates in Europe? Sounds to me like they are trying to leave Europe earlier.

They were after the Russia cancellations. But who knows why they decided to move the dates other than just not having that downtime leading up to those. We'll see. North America doesnt start til near the end of August.

Hello, sorry, I'm the person who started the miserably dressed=MCR rumour I think, I did preface that by saying I had 0 evidence, though.

So I'm back with a new theory, FFAF. Through pure word association. Funeral for a Friend - Casually Dressed and in Deep Conversation.

1 minute ago, Lushroom said:

Hello, sorry, I'm the person who started the miserably dressed=MCR rumour I think, I did preface that by saying I had 0 evidence, though.

So I'm back with a new theory, FFAF. Through pure word association. Funeral for a Friend - Casually Dressed and in Deep Conversation.

Ha yeah I don’t think anybody accusing you of spreading misinformation or anything - we love rampant speculation here 😁

And I don’t think FFAF quite have the o pull to warrant a secret set at Glastonbury these days and it would leave a lot of people scratching their heads, but damn I’d be in to it.

55 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ha yeah I don’t think anybody accusing you of spreading misinformation or anything - we love rampant speculation here 😁

And I don’t think FFAF quite have the o pull to warrant a secret set at Glastonbury these days and it would leave a lot of people scratching their heads, but damn I’d be in to it.

It's so fun, it feels like a puzzle we're all getting little clues for, and the prize at the end (even if all of your deduction was wrong) is an amazing festival. Oh my god I'm so excited.

4 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

It's so fun, it feels like a puzzle we're all getting little clues for, and the prize at the end (even if all of your deduction was wrong) is an amazing festival. Oh my god I'm so excited.

Puzzle, you say...

51Dres82cTL._SY580_.jpg

On a serious note, I'd more than likely watch Funeral for a Friend too! I can't wait for the heavily eFest attended 3am Miserably Dressed set.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

On a serious note, I'd more than likely watch Funeral for a Friend too! I can't wait for the heavily eFest attended 3am Miserably Dressed set.

I can't remember which thread I saw it on, but someone suggested Sun 0))) too.

So now I'm hoping for Funeral Chemical 0))) combined set of just the most miserable, droney, emo, sticky black molasses from the pit of your worst depression, but with an audience at least 50% efests people that think it's Harry styles. Dream gig.

• Upvote 1

I have long harboured a hope that The Divine Comedy show up on the farm.. just checked their website and they are now performing at a festival in Ireland over Glasto weekend. More likely? Less likely? Probably the latter, but I'll be clutching these straws until the full line-up is out (although I would have had them pegged for Acoustic if anywhere.. so chances ever slimming..)

https://thedivinecomedy.com/live

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I have long harboured a hope that The Divine Comedy show up on the farm.. just checked their website and they are now performing at a festival in Ireland over Glasto weekend. More likely? Less likely? Probably the latter, but I'll be clutching these straws until the full line-up is out (although I would have had them pegged for Acoustic if anywhere.. so chances ever slimming..)

Could they show up daytime Park perhaps?

4 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

That would be a great addition - fingers crossed, but I'm not overly hopeful