Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

21 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Ed Sheeran/Calvin Harris, Harry Styles/George Ezra.

This thing will sell out in minutes. 

Does big weekend ever sell out in the contextual sense? It feels to me like the tickets go instantly due to local allocation and not really to do with the lineup (even though the lineup would sell out instantly so I don’t know what my point is really). 

No female headliner is interesting. They have plenty they could have picked from. Surprised to see that.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 3:15 PM, squirrelarmy said:

Would have to compare the two schedules to see if they line up. If the order or dates change for other shows in the tour you would start to wonder why are they wanting to be in the UK that particular weekend.

because you can't play football stadiums during the football season, so there's only a very limited number of weekends available.  It's a travel day so they can move an enormous stage setup to another country.  There's a small chance someone could technically do an acoustic gig, but a proper show isn't going to happen, it doesn't work logistically. 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Nah, it is heavily subsidised though. Been like 20, 25 quid for a while. 

Fair enough, been a long while since I went to one. Think Birmingham circa 2004ish was the last time.

The Manchester one with White Stripes, Stereophonics, The Coral and Feeder was ace.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Does big weekend ever sell out in the contextual sense? It feels to me like the tickets go instantly due to local allocation and not really to do with the lineup (even though the lineup would sell out instantly so I don’t know what my point is really). 

No female headliner is interesting. They have plenty they could have picked from. Surprised to see that.

Six headline acts across the two main stages on the Saturday and Sunday and every single one of them is white, British and male. Almost impressively unimaginative.