Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tribes on the main stage at Latitude is promising for like a very early Other Stage slot or something, rather than me having to be the only person in the crowd at William's Green other than @Somto Unigwe Raphael and being slapped by the eFestivals flag.

Don’t worry, I’m sure @the wonderwhy and all his mates would be there, so there’d be 3 of us!

Tribes opening Other would be unreal. Imagine starting a day at Glasto with Whenever. Johnny Lloyd having it on stage. Billie Piper stood in the wings. Laurence Fox bottling him for nicking his wife. Unreal.

I will be frontline for Tribes if they are there. Me and my ticketholder mate have a deep affinity to them.

A group of 5 of us saw them back in 2013 (17 at the time), got the train from Bristol to Gloucester, somehow got smashed in a Spanish bar before hand, mate James got booted out by a large female bouncer for trying to crowd-surf, he got back in, and we went back to the station. On the way he was hit-and-runned by a speeding car on the crossing to the station. He now has a metal pin in his leg and the tattoo of 4213 to remember the occasion. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OCarter said:

I will be frontline for Tribes if they are there. Me and my ticketholder mate have a deep affinity to them.

A group of 5 of us saw them back in 2013 (17 at the time), got the train from Bristol to Gloucester, somehow got smashed in a Spanish bar before hand, mate James got booted out by a large female bouncer for trying to crowd-surf, he got back in, and we went back to the station. On the way he was hit-and-runned by a speeding car on the crossing to the station. He now has a metal pin in his leg and the tattoo of 4213 to remember the occasion. 

They’re playing, by the way. Self-confirmed on Johnny Lloyd’s instagram a while back.

23 minutes ago, OCarter said:

Why 4213?

Is your mate Gareth Southgate?

• Upvote 1

I thought people's enjoyment of Tribes was a joke, a bit like Pierce O'Brien. But it seems as if people actually quite like them, other than nostalgia, do people think they make good music? Not a dig at anyone, but intrigued why they keep getting mentioned on here.

Just now, Miyn said:

I thought people's enjoyment of Tribes was a joke, a bit like Pierce O'Brien. But it seems as if people actually quite like them, other than nostalgia, do people think they make good music? Not a dig at anyone, but intrigued why they keep getting mentioned on here.

Yeah they're class.

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

They’re great. They were a bit of an NME hype band back in like 2011 in the era of bands like The Vaccines. They were very well liked in the R&L section of this forum back then.

Their debut album was really good and the follow up a bit naff and then they split up in 2013. Then they announced their return in 2020 and everyone was buzzing.

They supported some big acts like Pixies and The Rolling Stones (at BST) back in the day and are supporting Noel Gallagher and The Specials this Summer.

After those reunion shows they’re now my most seen band. Lots of bangers. Their frontman did two solo sets at the last Glasto and they went off.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Trying to predict where they'd place in the NME Stage in 2013.

Hahahahaah that was mental tbf. Swear they didn’t even move up one spot.

We all thought we’d be watching Editors on main, shimmying over to Tribes slaying the NME then watching the headliner.

In reality we’d watched both with The bloody Lumineers yet to play!