Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

She's headlining. If they call her a headliner, she's a headliner. Her stage or where she plays on it doesn't matter.

She's headlining Parklife too, despite not playing last on that stage. Lewis Capaldi is before her, he's also a headliner.

It's just a title at the end of the day. Something to give artists to keep them sweet. Most festivals are doing it nowadays.

Kylie and Janet Jackson, as names on the top line of the poster, could have been labelled 'headliners' by Glastonbury. They weren't, but it wouldn't have changed anything if they were.

22 minutes ago, incident said:

They didn't, they're just still pretending that the second stage headliners count as equal.

Absolutely- say Foals top the other this year, you wouldn’t say they’re “headlining Glastonbury”.
Ultimately only one artist can go on last, whatever gimmicks Melvin decides to label it with it’s really just a very big sub slot.

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She's playing wherever someone will pay her. Glastonbury ghosted.

We will see big man

47 minutes ago, incident said:

They didn't, they're just still pretending that the second stage headliners count as equal.

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah at absolute best it’s a sub slot topping that other stage.

They get headline sized crowds though and can bring a full headline production. I understand that you’re not at the top of the bill but there’s scope to do much more with your set than before.

52 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Absolutely- say Foals top the other this year, you wouldn’t say they’re “headlining Glastonbury”.
Ultimately only one artist can go on last, whatever gimmicks Melvin decides to label it with it’s really just a very big sub slot.

Precedent abroad though for a headliner to play their set then have an electronic/dance act on after. Obvious size difference between the two rather than a Foals/Disclosure co-headline label too. Would work over here too if main stages at festivals didn't all finish before midnight.

In Germany they had The Cure and Foo Fighters headlining the same night at a festival in 2019. I recall Black Sabbath and The Black Keys both being headliners at Lollapalooza and playing at the same time in about 2012. So not strictly dance acts or ‘smaller’ acts.

Historically, too. IOW 1970 didn’t have its headliners on last. I dare say Glastonbury probably hasn’t always strictly had the headliner close the Pyramid Stage.

So yeah, headliner is just a title given to the acts the festival thinks is most important. If festivals can secure more acts who want or deserve headline status that way then there’s nowt to complain about.

19 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Precedent abroad though for a headliner to play their set then have an electronic/dance act on after. Obvious size difference between the two rather than a Foals/Disclosure co-headline label too. Would work over here too if main stages at festivals didn't all finish before midnight.

It absolutely would if we were on the continent, but in this country everyone but the last act are going to be playing in daylight.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Megan is third down at wireless, a sub at Parklife, and a headliner at Reading… talk about fluid placements.

I’ve been predicting her as an other sub before Dua. Seems realistic considering she’s playing wherever someone will have her!

92BC2D63-63B5-49E5-9DD8-8D0DE3D1EC47.jpeg

Took them long enough to have a poster. Video reveals are annoying.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s unofficial. It’s wrong, as it suggests all three are over the same weekend.

I suppose they’ll release a poster when they release more names on Monday.

Aaah. Well if thats the case theyll be more concerned about emoji replying to people and telling confused folk to just keep checking their website instead of just making a poster.

Kid Laroi getting a sub spot is just eww.  But outside of that the billing is on par with what theyve been getting in the u.s so far

Edited by Suprefan

What's the deal with Tyler the Creator? I've listened to 2-3 tracks and thought they were dog shit. I love hip-hop, and some of my mates rave about him. Keep seeing him pop up but I'm apprehensive to properly listen.

Cack, decent or great? Take it away eFests anoraks who's opinion's often shapes new music I engage with.

Phlegm.

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

What's the deal with Tyler the Creator? I've listened to 2-3 tracks and thought they were dog shit. I love hip-hop, and some of my mates rave about him. Keep seeing him pop up but I'm apprehensive to properly listen.

Cack, decent or great? Take it away eFests anoraks who's opinion's often shapes new music I engage with.

Phlegm.

Igor is a fantastic album

10 hours ago, Enda Krabappel said:

Brian Fallon is touring the UK around the end of May so hopefully he sticks around for the festival. Jesse Malin is supporting his UK tour and is at Glasto so hopefully that means both will be there.

Saw Jesse at my first Glastonbury in 2003. Not sure he’s been back on the farm since?

The Blaze are at Roskilde on the 30th of June - never played glasto before where could they slot in? Their billing is next to Megan thee Stallion at Roskilde although at APE in August they are pretty middle on the tame impala day