Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Think the Electric Forest date would rule them out anyway...

Cause you cant fly from Michigan to England on a Thursday in order to perform on  Saturday or Sunday? U2 did it in 2011 in the middle of their tour. Disclosure is playing that same fest on the Thursday and theres nothing to say they couldnt do similar. Babymetal flew from Japan to Glasto overnight to perform the next day in 2019....

20 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Cause you cant fly from Michigan to England on a Thursday in order to perform on  Saturday or Sunday? U2 did it in 2011 in the middle of their tour. Disclosure is playing that same fest on the Thursday and theres nothing to say they couldnt do similar. Babymetal flew from Japan to Glasto overnight to perform the next day in 2019....

23rd is just the first day of the festival, they haven't announced day splits yet for the smaller acts.

I guess sure if it's the 23rd then they could get over in time, it just makes it a lot less likely. They haven't been rebooked for any of their other EU gigs that they were doing in 2020 so would be coming over last minute just to do a small slot at Glasto - I just don't see it boss.

Also don't see Disclosure turning up for the same reasons fwiw

Edited by Mattymooz

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Cause you cant fly from Michigan to England on a Thursday in order to perform on  Saturday or Sunday? U2 did it in 2011 in the middle of their tour. Disclosure is playing that same fest on the Thursday and theres nothing to say they couldnt do similar. 

U2 chartered a Boeing 767, at great expense, to fly into Wales on the Thursday, then jumped in a helicopter to take them to Somerset. The aircraft crew hung around until the Saturday, and took the band back. Not all acts can afford to do that.

The better example would be Bring Me The Horizon, who played third from top on the Other Stage on the Friday, nipped over to play a festival in Canada on the Saturday, and then were back in Europe a few days later. Presumably without a private plane.

Not so sure about it happening like that at the moment, with there still being potential for disruption to international travel.

1 hour ago, incident said:

The better example would be Bring Me The Horizon, who played third from top on the Other Stage on the Friday, nipped over to play a festival in Canada on the Saturday, and then were back in Europe a few days later. Presumably without a private plane.

Not so sure about it happening like that at the moment, with there still being potential for disruption to international travel.

This is a great point - if something happens on a quick trip to glastonbury that could ruin the rest of the tour

Phoebe could very easily slot into any stage at any time, as better suited to a high up John Peel or Park she is, she could be somewhere bigger in the afternoon. 

If she is clashing with Kendrick like a lot are predicting then I will be gutted.

37 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I definitely think she's a prime candidate for getting a not-good-for-her Other slot 

God that would be shite for her. Great for me so I can actually see her, but just can’t imagine her coming across well.

Still think she’s gonna end up headlining the Park myself. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think she might be moved from the park and could be on the other stage. It wouldn’t be ideal for her but I question whether she’s too big for the park.

Eh I don’t think she’s too big. It may seem that way because of the fact she’s been inescapable for the past two years against all odds, but in the U.K. at least I don’t think she’s that big, especially during headliner time. Think she’d pull a great crowd but not stupidly so. 

Kendrick and Phoebe will be a terrible clash for me, would most likely decide on Kendrick even though i've seen him before, only because he's likely to be my only Pyramid headliner (depending on who Macca is up against) and with this being my first festival feel like I need to experience the magic of that stage. Hoping she does headline The Park as she definitely deserves it, just praying it will be against someone else.

I also don't think Phoebe Bridgers is the type of act that the average Glastonbury goer would go and see for a bit on a whim. 

I think if she headlined the Park at the same time as a as let's say Paul McCartney, Little Simz/Bicep and someone like Fatboy Slim or Dua are playing then the Park would be a fine for fit for her. 

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Eh I don’t think she’s too big. It may seem that way because of the fact she’s been inescapable for the past two years against all odds, but in the U.K. at least I don’t think she’s that big, especially during headliner time. Think she’d pull a great crowd but not stupidly so. 

I agree with you actually, competition wise she would get a modest crowd against strong competition. I just question whether due to her popularity during the pandemic they might want to move her to a more prominent slot?